Little Princes

by Conor Grennan | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0062049852 Global Overview for this book
Registered by sing-song of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 4/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by sing-song from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 9, 2011
I found myself laughing at his descriptions of how the kids in the orphanage coped and related to him. It is amazing how a person can become passionate about something that they first approach as a lark. And he found love to boot! I think fate, or God had a plan for him.

Product Description
Amazon.ca
In search of adventure, twenty-nine-year-old Conor Grennan traded his day job for a year-long trip around the globe, a journey that began with a three-month stint volunteering at the Little Princes Children’s Home, an orphanage in war-torn Nepal. Conor was initially reluctant to volunteer, unsure whether he had the proper skill, or enough passion, to get involved in a developing country in the middle of a civil war. But he was soon overcome by the herd of rambunctious, resilient children who would challenge and reward him in a way that he had never imagined. When Conor learned the unthinkable truth about their situation, he was stunned: The children were not orphans at all. Child traffickers were promising families in remote villages to protect their children from the civil war—for a huge fee—by taking them to safety. They would then abandon the children far from home, in the chaos of Nepal’s capital, Kathmandu. For Conor, what began as a footloose adventure becomes a commitment to reunite the children he had grown to love with their families, but this would be no small task. He would risk his life on a journey through the legendary mountains of Nepal, facing the dangers of a bloody civil war and a debilitating injury. Waiting for Conor back in Kathmandu, and hopeful he would make it out before being trapped in by snow, was the woman who would eventually become his wife and share his life’s work. Little Princes is a true story of families and children, and what one person is capable of when faced with seemingly insurmountable odds. At turns tragic, joyful, and hilarious, Little Princes is a testament to the power of faith and the ability of love to carry us beyond our wildest expectations. --

Journal Entry 2 by sing-song at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 9, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (4/9/2011 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at April meeting.

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 10, 2011
Sing-song, I am so sorry to be so grabby! But, I had this on my Amazon order form and am so excited to get this to read!

I will put it to the top of my Mount TBR so it can get back to the group for further circulation!

Thanks a ton!

Journal Entry 4 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 15, 2011
This book had everything! Adventure, character development, inspiration, humour and love!!! Truly one of the best books I've read in years - an non-fiction, to boot!

Thank you, sing-song for letting me snatch this book almost out of your hands at the meet-up! I've read it first so it can find another reader that will be touched as much as I was.

Journal Entry 5 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 15, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (4/17/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

This was such an amazing book, that I want to get it into the hands of the next BookCrosser as soon as possible. Will be taking this to our 10th BookCrossing birthday party on Sunday!
==================================================

DEAR FINDER,

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing Fracula as referring you.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, April 18, 2011
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing's 10th birthday celebration for BookCrossing. Everyone says it's good so I can't wait to read it.

Journal Entry 7 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 9, 2011
I regret putting off reading this book until now. It was amazing. It's hard to believe it's all true; it reads like a really good fiction book. It was great to see how one person can really make a difference in the world.

Journal Entry 8 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 9, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (7/9/2011 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing July meet-up. If it didn't go home with someone, it's on the book shelf.

Are you in the Calgary area? Why not meet up with other Calgary BookCrossers! Please check out our Facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Café starting at 11am. Just look for the people with the piles of books.

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 15, 2011
Picked up at the July Calgary BC get together

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 29, 2013
What a truly amazing journey from start to finish. The topic in the book is serious, but the true story is so well written that rather than feel depressed you feel hopeful. Many times this book made me laugh out loud on the train and at home when I was reading it! The descriptions of people and their lives really manages to make a connection with you, even though their lives are very different. I've already recommended it to others, and will continue to recommend it to everyone I know.

Thanks for sharing this special book with me!!

Journal Entry 11 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (4/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 12 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013
So Goooood!!!

Journal Entry 13 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 14, 2013
Picked this up at April's meeting. Once again I came home with way too many books! This one has been added to the very large to be read mountain...

Journal Entry 14 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 9, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (3/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

With another baby on the way, I have to purge my shelf a bit. I am returning this one to the group where it can find a new reader.

Journal Entry 15 by L-Marie at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 28, 2019
Haven't read this book, but I'm anxious to read.