Flowers for Algernon

by Daniel Keyes | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by cinnamon-quill of New York City, New York USA on 4/4/2011
Journal Entry 1 by cinnamon-quill from New York City, New York USA on Monday, April 04, 2011
This is a brilliant novel. I first discovered it through blind-dating of sorts. Our school library had a Valentine's Day event called 'Go to bed with a book.' Kinky, right? The books were all wrapped up in brown paper with only the ISBNs on the outside. This was the only book that I picked up. I fell in love with it (although not with the shocking dark pink cover of that particular edition) and rated it five stars when I was done.

This is one of my favourite excerpts from the book. It's a bonus that it's an entry written on my birthday!

"I'm not close to him." He looked at me defiantly. "But he's put his whole life into this. He's no Freud or Jung or Pavlov or Watson, but he's doing something important and I respect his dedication - maybe even more because he's just an ordinary man trying to do a great man's work, while the great men are all busy making bombs."

If you find this book, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Please read it and share your thoughts here. Then, pass it on to others so that it can be experienced far and wide. ♥

This book was registered in MANHATTAN, NEW YORK CITY, NY, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, April 21, 2011
Picked up from the Book Buffet at the 2011 Bookcrossing Convention.

v

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, April 28, 2011
Quite an amazing story (actually, what's really amazing is that I haven't stumbled across it before now - I should have read this years ago!). I loved the way Charlie's voice is captured across the changes in his intellect.

Thanks cinnamon-quill for introducing me to a new classic!

v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, May 29, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (5/29/2011 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to Rarsberry at today's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 5 by rarsberry at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, June 05, 2011
Picked up at the last lunchtime meetup.

Journal Entry 6 by rarsberry at Amyes Road in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/28/2011 UTC) at Amyes Road in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left inside the bus shelter.