Scarecrow

by Matthew Reilly | Audiobooks |
Registered by BigJohnLefty of Des Moines, Iowa USA on 4/2/2011
Journal Entry 1 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Saturday, April 02, 2011
Picked this up at the outlet mall bookstore in Williamsburg maybe eight days ago - plan to listen to soon. Just now noticed it's abridged - I normally steer clear of those, but I must have been too focused on the prospect of stocking the shelves for the next bookbox headed my way.......

Journal Entry 2 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Sunday, April 17, 2011
Though this had (like books of this nature) the requisite amount of blood-and-guts, shoot-em-action inherent in the genre, and there was plenty of wow-too-hard-to-believe last-minute saves, I really liked this....

Part of the reason is that, as a former sailor, I'm sort of "duty-bound" to have a deep and abiding respect for any and all United States Marines (who saved my butt many times and continue to do so - because, as anyone knows there's no such thing as an 'ex-marine"). Kudos to the author also for having a couple of those grunts be women.

The plot was fairly intriguing with the behind the scenes of secret groups pulling the puppet strings and all, with some unusual alliances. I've stated before (just about anytime I write up a book dealing with espionage/world politics/military action) that, being a veteran with intelligence experience, believeability is a big factor with me.
This one has a pretty solid ring of truth about it - despite some of the aforementioned action stuff......

Released 9 yrs ago (5/17/2011 UTC) at BigJohnLefty's Another AudiobookBox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

It's time to set this one free -- enjoy!

This is going into my CD-only Audiobookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, June 01, 2011
This book enjoyed a brief visit in San Jose, California before continuing its visit in BigJohnLefty's Another Audiobookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, July 07, 2011
Took out of BigJohnLefty's CD only bookbox and replacing it with The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Never heard of this author before. I started listening to it today.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, January 16, 2012
Shane `Scarecrow' Schofield is one of 15 targets of a worldwide bounty hunt. The bounty on each target's head is over $18 million, enough to lure the best bounty hunters in the world. Scarecrow pretty quickly finds himself with 2 primary objectives. The first and most obvious is to try to stay alive. The second is to try to save the world.

Black Knight is a new ally for Schofield. He is acting as Scarecrow's guardian angel throughout the bounty hunt doubles the outrageous scenes.

I found that I needed to be prepared to totally suspend belief. Though the book can stand alone I discovered that this isn't the first nor the last Scarecrow book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (8/28/2012 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Releasing for One Word Title Release Challenge 2012. Placing in my CD only bookbox. I trust this book finds a new listener.

Journal Entry 9 by olered at Salem, Oregon USA on Wednesday, June 12, 2013
I see this CD set has switched bookboxes brfore...lol. I removed from bookladys box and am releasing to Big John Lefty's box. The story was a little to much blood and guts for me.

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, November 16, 2013
Taken from BigJohnLefty's CD box with thanks.

Abridged on 4 CDs; read by Scott Sowers.

Journal Entry 11 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (11/21/2014 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Off to see the world as one of my November RABCKs - enjoy!