The Thief of Always

by Clive Barker | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingghirwing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 3/21/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingghirwing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, March 21, 2011
Change details when journalled.

Journal Entry 2 by vedranaster at Zagreb: Donji grad (city centre), Zagreb City Croatia on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Ghir, I take my hat off to you!
You sure do know how to surprise a girl! :D

Not only did you RABCK me a wonderful wishlist book (A Clockwork Orange), but you also added a book, this book, which I've been missing like crazy ever since I lent my copy to an acquaintance years ago, who then never returned it. And you were a sneaky little devil and entered the wrong details (Hidden in Plain Sight - good choice!) for this BCID so I wouldn't figure it out when browsing your bookshelf! Moreover, looking at the date this book was registered, I'd dare say you acquired it ESPECIALLY for me... You Rock!!! :D

In a minute I will be off to brew the yummy passionfruit orange organic green & black tea that came together with the fabulous books.

The Thief of Always will be going into my permanent collection for now, but not forever. I want to read it again, once or twice, and then I'll send it on for others to also enjoy.
It may be a teen book and utterly uncharacteristic of Clive Barker, but it's written so well and carries a strong message - it's one of my all time favourites!

Journal Entry 3 by vedranaster at Zagreb, Zagreb City Croatia on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Today, while aimlessly wondering through a local bookstore -- one which I wasn't planning to visit but ended up going to after discovering that the store I usually go to no longer works Saturday afternoons, or maybe just not this Saturday due to the All Saints' holidays -- I entered the foreign books section, and there, staring straight at me -- an old but brand new copy of The Thief of Always. Can you say, at the right place at the right time? *grin*
As you can imagine, I grabbed it as soon as I saw it. :)

Thank you once again for surprising me beyond words with this copy, which you found and sent me in that wonderfully sneaky double RABCK way. :D
I am now marking it as available, and will let it spread its wings and wonderfulness.

Journal Entry 4 by vedranaster at Zagreb, Zagreb City Croatia on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/25/2013 UTC) at Zagreb, Zagreb City Croatia

The book is now in the care of the Post Office,
on its way to wilderwoman in USA,
as part of collectorkerri's First Sentences VBB.

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
It's still one of my all time favourites. :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingwilderwomanwing at Buxton, Maine USA on Monday, March 04, 2013
What an incredible surprise! I, too, loved this book when I first read it. I just didn't recognize the first sentence when I selected this for one of my First Sentences Virtual Book Box choices.

Vedranaster, you clearly have excellent taste in books. Thank you! This is like a visit from an old friend. I will re-read it and then re-release it to someone who will hopefully appreciate it as much as we have. :-)

P.S. I apologize for not making the journal entry for this book right away. (Yes. I *do* plan to be "late for my own funeral", as the expression goes! Haha!)