The Somnambulist

by Barnes, Jonathan | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 3/20/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, March 20, 2011
Synopsis:
"'Be warned. This book has no literary merit whatsoever. It is a lurid piece of nonsense, convoluted, implausible, peopled by unconvincing characters, written in drearily pedestrian prose, frequently ridiculous and wilfully bizarre. Needless to say, I doubt you'll believe a word of it.' So starts the extraordinary tale of Edward Moon, detective, his silent sidekick the Sonambulist and devilish plot to recreate the apocalyptic prophecies of William Blake and bring the British Empire crashing down. "

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, April 11, 2016
Before sending it out, I really intended to read it.
It has ben on my shelf so long, that it's almost shameful to admit I did not get to it till now.

And now that I did, I am in the middle of a serious reading dip. I can't get any substantial reading done. It's not more than a few pages at the time, when the book interests me.
And that's not the case with this book. I didn't get into it, and I gave up around page 50.
Don't want to keep the person who chose this book's first sentence waiting any longer...

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, April 11, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/12/2016 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Thank you for picking this book's first sentence!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 02, 2016
Thank you for sending to me it looks interesting

Journal Entry 5 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/14/2017 UTC) at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom

Reserved for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 14, 2017
Thank you for sharing this book with me, I really enjoyed it. It was a rip roaring tale, with a slightly bizarre storyline and odd theme - exactly the sort of thing that I love! A thriller come crime story with an unusual plotline and setting it was great.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 03, 2017
Taken from Nataliec7's "What the Reviewers Said" Bookbox - loved the bookplate style quote, hope I love the book too! :o)

Released 1 mo ago (7/20/2019 UTC) at City of Leeds Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Taking to the Leeds meet-up. if it's not taken by another bookcrosser then it will be added to the cafe's bookshelf.

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)

Journal Entry 9 by wingDelticwing at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 21, 2019
Picked up yesterday at our meet in Leeds City Museum Café. Looks like fun.