The Unadulterated Cat

Registered by 666Izzy of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 3/19/2011
Journal Entry 1 by 666Izzy from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, March 19, 2011
Have ended up with two copies of this book :-S

Amazon.co.uk Review
Terry Pratchett took a side step away from Discworld in The Unadulterated Cat, a hilarious insight into the world of the feline. Amusingly illustrated by cartoonist Gray Jolliffe, Pratchett delivers a wonderfully funny collection of anecdotes that anyone, cat owner or not, will be hard pressed not to smile at. Not quite a replacement for a Discworld novel, but your sides will split just the same.

Journal Entry 2 by 666Izzy at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, April 09, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (4/9/2011 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Taken to the meeting today...

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, April 09, 2011
Picked up at today's meet - anything by Pratchett gets my vote...especially with the lines like
'The Campaign for Real Cats is against fizzy keg cats' - silly but funny IMHO

(April'11) Even the master Pratchett can’t keep the comedic tempo going and extend the ‘real cat’ premise for long; 126 pages with lots of pictures is still too long. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but I did smile a few times, not least at this description of small dogs (our dog!), ‘…going down in size [from wolves] until you get to the weird little ones with lots of Zs in their name which can squeak and get into pint mugs.’

Journal Entry 4 by BookGroupMan at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, May 14, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (5/14/2011 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

And so, back to the bookbulgin chitterchatterin matemeetin cat- (and dog) lovin' CoffeeLink :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookAmblerwing at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, May 15, 2011
Picked up at the meet yesterday. Pratchett + Jolliffe looks like a great combo... hope to fill in the gaps at work with it!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookAmblerwing at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Um, well! Sadly this book gives fodder to ex-MrB's opinion that I have 'no sense of humour'. I smiled a bit. My sides did not split with laughter. The bit on giving a cat a pill is very old hat (and, anyway, it's really not that hard to give a cat a pill). I liked the cartoons. I also liked the quote that BookGroupMan gives above about wolves-to-dogs.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookAmblerwing at The Layer Fox Pub in Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 19, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (5/19/2011 UTC) at The Layer Fox Pub in Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom

Will be left on Official BookCrossing Zone shelf if no takers at the meet.

Journal Entry 8 by roddamliz at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (8/27/2011 UTC) at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

Colchester Free Festival

Journal Entry 9 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, September 05, 2011
Ooops! Due to my failing memory this book never made it to the Colchester Free Festival although 1,700 did. I will set it free somewhere else.

Journal Entry 10 by wingardachywing at The Layer Fox Pub in Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (10/20/2011 UTC) at The Layer Fox Pub in Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom

During the monthly meet up.

Journal Entry 11 by Seadbed at Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, October 22, 2011
something for the determined cat lover
Picked this up at the monthly meet at Layer Fox.

Released 8 yrs ago (10/24/2011 UTC) at Little Hallingbury Mill OBCZ in Little Hallingbury, Essex United Kingdom

This should make someone laugh. If it is you pass it on a spread the happiness!

Journal Entry 13 by RavenousJo at Little Hallingbury, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, April 13, 2012
Being a fan of both cats and Sir Terry....

Journal Entry 14 by DWCon'sUK at Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Pterry!