Piano Lessons Can Be Murder (Goosebumps #13)

by R. L. Stine | Children's Books |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 3/18/2011
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, March 18, 2011
Goosebumps #13 - Book Description:

When Jerry finds a dusty old piano in the attic of his new house, his parents offer to pay for lessons. At first, taking piano seems like a cool idea.

But there's something creepy about Jerry's piano teacher, Dr. Shreek. Something really creepy. Something Jerry can't quite put his finger on.

Then Jerry hears the stories. Terrifying stories. About the students at Dr. Shreek's music school. Students who went in for a lesson...and never came out.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, March 19, 2012
My Review: I really enjoyed this book! If R.L. Stine had books when I was in middle school, I would have read them all. Instead I read Stephen King!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/15/2014 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This book is starting out in the Teens Shrinking Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014
I'm taking this book from the Teens Bookbox. I've enjoyed other books in the "Goosebumps" series, and this one, with the piano-lesson theme, looked like fun.

Later: Nicely creepy tale indeed, and with a "boy who cried wolf" element as well - the main character loves playing practical jokes on his family, so when he eventually starts seeing a ghost, nobody believes him. The resolution of the story was a surprise, and there were some good chills along the way.

[There's a TV Tropes page for the series.]

Released 5 yrs ago (1/23/2014 UTC) at Main Street (see release notes for details) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book on a bench across Main St. from Darrell's, a music and piano store, at around 3; hope the finder enjoys it!