George Washington Carver

by William J. Federer | Children's Books |
ISBN: 096535573x Global Overview for this book
Registered by phleem of Bellevue, Nebraska USA on 9/7/2003
Journal Entry 1 by phleem from Bellevue, Nebraska USA on Sunday, September 07, 2003
I have always had a lot of respect for Mr. Carver. He had a singular focus on God that permeated his entire life and was quite evident in his studies and work. While not a scientist myself, I do work in a technical field with computers. And I’ve always been fascinated by his simple, utter trust in God for answers to scientific issues. Even today, he is a model for a life well-lived and wholly surrendered to God.

One of my favorite quotes comes from him. “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of them.”

This book is a collection of his writings, principally personal letters to others. And it offers a unique look into his world.

Journal Entry 2 by phleem from Bellevue, Nebraska USA on Friday, October 31, 2003
Dropped it in the mail to philomom at her request. Happy reading.

Journal Entry 3 by philomom from Portland, Oregon USA on Monday, November 03, 2003
Looks wonderful. Thanks for the RABCK! I will release it once I'm done.

Journal Entry 4 by philomom from Portland, Oregon USA on Monday, November 10, 2003
I learned some; but I didn't realize it would be a whole book about witnessing his faith. Perhaps it was just the time it was written.

Ready for trade or RABCK!

Released on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at Javamonkey on Church St. in Decatur, Georgia USA.

On the far left coffee table.