Tales of the Tikongs (Talanoa : Contemporary Pacific Literature)

by Epeli Hau'ofa | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eparks4232 of Houston, Texas USA on 3/8/2011
Journal Entry 1 by eparks4232 from Houston, Texas USA on Monday, May 30, 2011
This one will round out my Oceania reading for 666! Very excited to have it!

Journal Entry 2 by eparks4232 at Panera Bread in Audubon, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/6/2011 UTC) at Panera Bread in Audubon, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate EPARKS4232 referred you.

If bookcrossing intrigues you, you also might like geocaching: http://www.geocaching.com (I'm cachebether ...)

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing at Audubon, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, November 10, 2011
from the abxc meetup, for the 666 challenge

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, November 17, 2011
Interesting book of short stories. Very tongue in cheek humor about imperialism/colonialism pushing development on native islanders - and the resulting effect.

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, November 18, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/18/2011 UTC) at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

a rabck for the Oceania 666 challenge. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Received with thanks! Maybe I will complete my reading target for Pacifica this year after all.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, January 09, 2012
I found some of these short stories very amusing. The culture in this (imaginary) Pacific Island is an extreme of real life. The way the author wrote about the manipulation of funding, the blind observation of religious life to the detriment of real life, and the pull of family expectations was very interesting.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Friday, January 13, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/14/2012 UTC) at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

Posting as a RABCK to someone who is also undertaking the 666 challenge.

Journal Entry 9 by wingfrutzwing at Mersch / Miersch, Kanton Mersch Luxembourg on Sunday, February 05, 2012
Thanks a lot KiwiinEngland for this second book. I didn't make it to finish the 666 challenge in 2011 but my hopes are high to get there sometime this year. This will definitly help, thanks!

Happy reading!
Send out for the "Authors from unusual countries" sweepstake

Journal Entry 11 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Monday, February 11, 2013
Arrived today, quite surprisingly! Thanks a lot. I wonder where the sweepstake's story is going to end :)
I guess I've never read an author from Papua New Guinea before. So, this is wonderful!
And I really liked the postcard that came with the book. Thanks!