Bridget Jones's Diary: A Novel

by Helen Fielding | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 3/5/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, March 05, 2011
Found this amoungst the books on offer selection in Morden Train Crew Mess room a couple of days ago. Took it as it ticks off another read from The Top 100 Reads & Whitcoulls Top 100 I'm trying to read my way through. Plan to read and release.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 14, 2019
I love all Bridget’s neurotic diary entry beginnings, which highlighted her weight and bad habits obsession. I feel that is an integral part of her diary, this books unique selling point and one of my favourite bits. Prior to reading this, I had read the book which complied The First Columns from The Telegraph, where the idea for this book was founded. I can see clearly the author just added a bit more detail, tweaked a few bits and wove into the plot the relationship with Mark Darcy. It’s also heavily inspired by Pride and Prejudice. I think the whole thing is very 90s and not that funny any more. I probably would have gotten more out of this if I had experienced it closer to it’s inital publication.

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at The Barn at Kingston in Pembroke, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, April 21, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/21/2019 UTC) at The Barn at Kingston in Pembroke, Wales United Kingdom

Brought on holiday either for my sister in law to read, or leave for someone else to enjoy.

To the Finder:

Hello!

If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome, and congratulations on finding this book! Enjoy reading the book, and I hope you will let us know what you thought. It is now yours to do with as you wish - keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to know what happens to the book after it has left you, then do join - it's private and it's fun!

When releasing this book please be aware that airports, trains or busses are not a good place to leave books (unless there is a specific book exchange shelf) as they are usually just disposed of. Also charity shops usually discard books that have been labelled in any way.

And if you do choose to join, please consider using me, Shahrun, as your referring member.

Happy BookCrossing!