corner corner Big Trouble (Audiobook on 5 Cassettes)

Big Trouble (Audiobook on 5 Cassettes)
by Dave Barry | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingMoody-Bluewing of Meers, Oklahoma USA on 2/27/2011

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingMoody-Bluewing from Meers, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, February 27, 2011

Purchased for 50 cents at the Stinson Memorial Public Library booksale in Anna, Illinois.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Keystone, South Dakota USA on Thursday, September 08, 2011

One of my all-time favorite books! It loses a little in the audio version, just because there's only one narrator doing all of the characters. That's better still than the movie which had an impressive cast, but no flesh-and-blood person can be as wacky as I imagine while reading the actual book. I miss Dave Barry! When will he ever write another novel? There's nobody like him for gags, pacing and surprises.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMoody-Bluewing at McDonald, Tennessee USA on Monday, March 19, 2012

Offered up and claimed during iwillrejoice's Audio VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Picked this off the list of iwillrejoice's Audio VBB. Thanks so much for sharing and sending this to me, Moody-Blue. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, July 05, 2014

I agree with you Moody-Blue. That is one wacky story! It had me laughing in quite a few spots. Leave it to Dave Barry to pull this type of story off. Outrageous without going way over the top so as to become stupid. Btw... I will always be reminded of this story whenever I see a squirt gun or "Super Soaker". Ha! Ha! Ha!

Journal Entry 6 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Monday, September 29, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/29/2014 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Sending this off to LittleWhiteBird who picked this audiobook from iwillrejoice's Audiobook VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Arrived today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Friday, March 10, 2017

I just finished listening. A wacky, crazy story indeed. Not the kind of thing I'd usually read, but I had fun listening. Up to the end I was wondering whether anybody, especially the people I liked the best, would get a happy ending... The news headlines at the end were a nice touch, too.

Journal Entry 9 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Sunday, October 29, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/30/2017 UTC) at Pasadena, California USA

To hyphen8 for the Bookcrossing Birthday Group! Happy birthday!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Part of a big batch of audio cassettes received for Oppem's birthday group - thank you!

Unabridged on 5 cassettes; read by Dick Hill