toast

by Nigel SLATER | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by worldbooknight on 2/25/2011
Journal Entry 1 by worldbooknight on Friday, February 25, 2011
Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing and thanks for being a part of World Book Night 2011, the largest book giveaway in history. 1,000,000 specially printed copies of 25 different books changed hands on March 5th 2011 and began their journey from reader to reader. This book is one of them. World Book Night has joined with BookCrossing to help track these books as they travel. You can be a part of that journey by making a comment in the book's journal here on BookCrossing. Your journal entry can say how you got the book, what you thought of it, your plans for it or whatever else you might like to add.

On BookCrossing you may choose to remain anonymous or join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID). It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Thanks in advance for being part of World Book Night and BookCrossing. And happy reading and sharing.

Journal Entry 2 by worldbooknight at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 25, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/25/2011 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

This book is being released via BookCrossing on 5 March 2011 as part of the inaugural World Book Night. With the full support of the Publishers Association, the Booksellers Association, the Independent Publishers Guild, the Reading Agency with libraries, World Book Day and the BBC, one million books will be given away by an army of passionate readers to members of the public across the UK and Ireland.

Read and release!

Journal Entry 3 by fluxy at Rushden, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 08, 2011
In honour of World Book Night, I am 1 of 20,000 book givers up handing out a total of 1 million books from Saturday 5th March 2011.
Over the next few days/weeks I will give away 48 copies of Nigel Slater's Toast to start them on their journey.
I will also start giving and tracking many more of my books and hopefully receive new ones to read.

Journal Entry 4 by fluxy at Rushden, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/12/2011 UTC) at Rushden, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Travelling to USA

Journal Entry 5 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Monday, March 21, 2011
Received this in today's mail as a RABCK from fluxy. Thank you! I look forward to reading it!

~~~

3/29/11

I enjoyed this memoir. I found it humorous at times, & yet the things that he suffered touched my heart. And he managed to write it without a drop of self-pity. Good book!

Journal Entry 6 by wingiwillrejoicewing at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/29/2011 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Released to a fellow BookMoocher in Illinois. Happy travels, little book!

Journal Entry 7 by BabalooBlu at Aghabullogue, Co. Cork Ireland on Friday, October 21, 2011
Received via bookmooch.com a good while ago, didn't discover the BCID in the back until now when I'm just about to start reading it.