The Amityville Horror

by Jay Anson | Horror |
Registered by CasualReader on 9/2/2003
Journal Entry 1 by CasualReader on Tuesday, September 02, 2003
This was one of the first horror books I ever read. I think I was about 10 at the time. Explains a lot!

This one is a classic. It's quite scary, and, oh, it's true!

Journal Entry 2 by CasualReader at Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 02, 2003
Release planned for Saturday, September 06, 2003 at Bookbox in Martie's HSM Bookbox, postal release USA.

Sending out as part of Martie's HSM Bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Wednesday, October 01, 2003
It's the HOUSE!!! OK -- that's a quote from a different story but it seemed appropriate. I'll be finding a trade for this book. :)

Journal Entry 4 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Monday, March 03, 2008
Reserved for perfect-circle.

Journal Entry 5 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Thursday, November 06, 2008
Let me preface my review on this grim fact: I've been told taht one of the previous owners of my current home committed suicide. The house certainly has its quirks. So I thought I would check my home's quirks against the Amityville house...

Odd chill in the house despite what the thermostat says: TRUE
Weird bumps in the night: TRUE
Phone randomly not working: TRUE
Kids humming weird songs and talking to invisible friends; TRUE
Random housefly invasions regardless of time of year: TRUE
Waking up at the same time each night for no reason? TRUE
Crucifixes being turned upside down? N/A; We don't own any
Misbehaving toilets: TRUE
Weird smells: TRUE

Oh well. We've been here for almost 5 years. The ghost hasn't scared us away yet.

Journal Entry 6 by caligula03 at RABCK in Family Member, Family Member -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 06, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (11/16/2008 UTC) at RABCK in Family Member, Family Member -- Controlled Releases

Mailing to perfect-circle.

Journal Entry 7 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 27, 2009
I am so sorry! This actually arrived in November/December last year but I apparently forgot to journal its safe arrival. I only realised my mistake when I came to journal my thoughts on it and couldn't find it on my shelf.

I found this a fascinating book, chilling in places, and definitely made me want to find out what had happened since. I've never seen the film (and don't think I will, I don't do scary movies any more!) so I went into the book with very little prior knowledge, which I think added to the general creepiness whilst reading.

Thank you, Caligula03 and again, many apologies for not journalling when it arrived here.

Journal Entry 8 by bcukuncon on Monday, June 29, 2009
This book is off to the Edinburgh Uncon as a surprise for someone's goody bag.

Journal Entry 9 by drutt at Debra charity shop in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, October 29, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (10/31/2016 UTC) at Debra charity shop in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy this book. If you join bookcrossing.com (it's free), you can release this book once you've read it and track its journey. If you have any questions, you can send me a private message by clicking on the name "drutt".