Zombies of the Gene Pool

by Sharyn McCrumb | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by WestofMars of Mars, Pennsylvania USA on 9/1/2003
Journal Entry 1 by WestofMars from Mars, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, September 01, 2003
Okay, this isn't her amazing series set in Appalachia. And I swear, I've read this book more than once without realizing it.

Whatever, it's a fun romp (and possibly an early influence on my involvement with the MetalliBash). Enjoy.

Paperback headed for avanta7, who truly has a shelf to admire. Wow!

Journal Entry 2 by avanta7 on Saturday, September 13, 2003
Received in the mail today. And realized I must make another trip to B&N to get its predecessor BIMBOS OF THE DEATH SUN. This is why I have so many books...I can't read a series out of order. Curse you, Sharyn McCrumb! (And thank you, SpikesMom.)

Journal Entry 3 by avanta7 on Friday, August 19, 2005
In the 1950s, eight young men, dreaming of literary immortality, buried a time capsule with their science fiction stories and cultural relics from the time. Now the capsule is being dredged up because a few of those men have in fact become very famous. As a result, the excavation turns into a multimedia event.

Everything goes off without a hitch until a surprise guest makes an appearance -- a writer who was supposed to have died thirty years ago. Still cynical and angry, he is threatening to expose secrets the famous and the obscure have kept from the world all these years. When murder suddenly meterializes to throw the agenda into chaos, one man must separate science fact from fiction -- and unearth a killer with a story of his own to tell.
(cover blurb)

Sharyn McCrumb tells the story of SF geeks with a sharp wit and tongue firmly planted in cheek. Despite her pungent observations, her affection for the genre and her characters shines through with every word. A fun read, and a tricky mystery!

Journal Entry 4 by SLObunch from San Luis Obispo, California USA on Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Obtained from the shelf of BookCrosser avanta7 in anticipation of an upcoming weekend of wild releasing.

Journal Entry 5 by SLObunch at Cafe Cardinale in Carmel, California USA on Saturday, December 03, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/3/2005 UTC) at Cafe Cardinale in Carmel, California USA

On a table inside the coffeehouse.