STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

by Robert A Heinlein | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by phleem of Bellevue, Nebraska USA on 8/27/2003
Journal Entry 1 by phleem from Bellevue, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, August 27, 2003
This was a book that I read in the 70's in a Science Fiction class in High School. I recently got a hankering to read it again. I went out and bought a copy at Waldenbooks while I was on vacation in Florida. This is the first book that I have bought with the expressed intention of reading and releasing. All the previous books came off my bookshelves.

Journal Entry 2 by phleem at Panera Bread at Cornhusker Rd and 10th St in Bellevue, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, September 03, 2003
Released on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 at Panera Bread at Cornhusker Rd and 10th St in Bellevue, Nebraska USA.

On second thought, I'm not sure I ever finished this book when I was in high school. I thoroughly enjoyed it this time though. It's different when you read a book because you want to read it. That was certainly the case this time.

This is a bitter-sweet experience. As I said in my other enty, this is the first book I've bought knowing I would release it into the wild when I was done with it. All the previous books came from my bookshelf. It's an odd feeling ... I truly hope this goes to a good home.

I left it by the fireplace at Panera. I finished my cappucino and left it behind.

Happy reading!