Walking on Water

Registered by Monke of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 8/27/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Monke from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, August 27, 2003
This was average murder mystery book. A bit slow paced for my tastes but entertaining. And I got to feel superior when I found out the murderer after first third of the book :) But it is quite obvious.

From the back cover: " 'I went out earlier than usual because of the Spring tide. It was a breathtaking morning, beautiful, mysterious, with the pinkish dawn light playing through the sea fog. As I rounded the point I saw her, rising out of the swirling mist. At first I couldn't believe my eyes for, God forgive me, I thought she was walking on water.'

But it was only as John Spain stretched out his hand to her that he niticed the rope and saw with dismay that she'd been propped upright and lashed to a tree.

Her name was Evangeline Walter - apparently single, she was one of the many newcomers newly settled on an estuary on the south-west coast of Ireland. Nobody knew much about her. So who precisely was Evangeline? Where did she come from? And, more importantly, who wanted her dead?

Journal Entry 2 by chirel from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, September 08, 2004
I got through chapters one and two, but the book still didn't feel interesting. Usually I can see in my mind what happens in books, but with this book there were no pictures. Just plain boring words. I was anticipating an interesting murder book, but was dissapointed as there was no murder... didn't get that far.

Well, maybe one day I'll come across this book again and read it, but for now it'll be a historical moment: I'm going to release this book without reading it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingem64wing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, September 09, 2004
Also catch from the Tampere BC meeting. Let's see if the somewhat negative remarks about it are true...

Journal Entry 4 by wingem64wing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, September 30, 2004
I don't know what to say about this book. It is difficult to get started with this one; I was only wondering what kind of a book this is. It was supposed to be a murder mystery, but there was no mystery in it; it felt like a bad romantic novel, but there was no real romance in it. So kept reading on... At some point it turned out to a murder investigation but the end result was just appalling - it was like from a really bad romantic novel! If you are looking for book that does not give your brain any work then this is a perfect pick.

EDIT 6.10.2004

Took the book with me to the monthly meetup.

Journal Entry 5 by mirz from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Took it from the meet up.

Journal Entry 6 by mirz from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, October 18, 2004
I sort of liked it, but then again it was almost nothing. I enjoyd watching F.X. Recaldo doing his work, but that was it. Not so thrilling, not so special mystery. I had the feeling of knowledge somewhere in the middle, and then I just surfed through. I actually finished this one at lesson, and I didn't miss anything from the book or the lesson.

There is one thing though that I noticed. When book begins with a map in it, this "this must be fantasy" -thing comes to my mind. Map -> fantasy, not anything realistic. I'm a funny or what. I got rid of that in the beginning.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this book. But hey, you'll find out sometime.

Released 15 yrs ago (1/12/2005 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Tampere / Jossain Tampereella in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

The book won't be actually at the given coordinates, the mission only starts from there. What mission?

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Travelling a bit further

CAUGHT IN TAMPERE PIRKANMAA FINLAND

Journal Entry 9 by Poduska from Royal Oak, Michigan USA on Wednesday, March 21, 2007
This somehow has traveled a LONG way from the last journal entry. I found the book in a GeoCache. www.geocaching.com.

May have time to read it.

Journal Entry 10 by TPREADER from Royal Oak, Michigan USA on Sunday, February 15, 2009
Couldn't get past the first few chapters. I love mysteries but just couldn't read it. I heading to Europe so I will release it at one of the airports.