Love in the Time of Cholera

by Gabriel Garcia Marquez | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by worldbooknight on 2/25/2011
Journal Entry 1 by worldbooknight on Friday, February 25, 2011
Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing and thanks for being a part of World Book Night 2011, the largest book giveaway in history. 1,000,000 specially printed copies of 25 different books changed hands on March 5th 2011 and began their journey from reader to reader. This book is one of them. World Book Night has joined with BookCrossing to help track these books as they travel. You can be a part of that journey by making a comment in the book's journal here on BookCrossing. Your journal entry can say how you got the book, what you thought of it, your plans for it or whatever else you might like to add.

On BookCrossing you may choose to remain anonymous or join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID). It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Thanks in advance for being part of World Book Night and BookCrossing. And happy reading and sharing.

Journal Entry 2 by worldbooknight at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 25, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (2/25/2011 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

This book is being released via BookCrossing on 5 March 2011 as part of the inaugural World Book Night. With the full support of the Publishers Association, the Booksellers Association, the Independent Publishers Guild, the Reading Agency with libraries, World Book Day and the BBC, one million books will be given away by an army of passionate readers to members of the public across the UK and Ireland.

Read and release!

Journal Entry 3 by jaynereader at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 04, 2011
I'm giving out 48 copies of this book in and around Sheffield for World Book Night 2011.
Enjoy!!!

Journal Entry 4 by Ashleigh4985 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 08, 2011
This was waiting for me when I got in tonight. Thanks so much for sharing, life is a bit manic at the moment but I will try to get to it soon.

Journal Entry 5 by Ashleigh4985 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Just finished this book, it was pretty hard going but I managed!! Which is more than I can say about 100 years of solitude!!

I didn't really feel anything for the main characters Fermina seemed undecisive and cruel and Florentino seemed like a bit of a wet blanket.

What I did like however was the discussion of Fermina's marriage the ups and downs that come with living and loving a man for so long. With a lot of my friends getting married this summer it is something we have all been thinking about.

Thank you for sharing - my copy has ended up a bit battered but I will see if anyone else is interested in it.

Released 7 yrs ago (5/27/2011 UTC) at -- Wild Released somewhere in Edinburgh in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Put in the book swap box at work, still trying to persuade them to join bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 04, 2011
This is a wish granting RABCK from the very generous Ashleigh4985. Thank you very much. I am excited it is a World Book Night Copy! But now I have seen the list of WBN Books, I want to read them all too. I will read it soon and BookCross it onwards.

Journal Entry 8 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 05, 2011
I wanted to read this book as it appears on a few lists that I am trying to read my way through (to diversify what I read).

Having also read One Hundred Years of Solitude for the same reason, left me beginning this book with dread! I didn't get One Hundred Years of Solitude and found it rather confusing and hard to follow.

I was really rather relieved to discover that was (generally) not the case with this book. I found it an interesting journey looking at peoples relationships. I think there are many accurate observations of both are contained amongst the pages of this book.

Having said all that tho, it is a pretty intense read. It took me far longer that a book of it's size normally would! I feel rather relieved to have finished it.

Now, just have to find the next vicitm for this book...

Journal Entry 9 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, October 07, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (10/7/2011 UTC) at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom

This poor little book got a little more battered. So my boyfriend lovingly patched it up with clear book covering this morning.

I gave it to his sister to read and keep moving this lunch time.

Happy Travels Little Book!