Course of Empire

by Eric Flint | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingThanksMomwing of Coolidge, Arizona USA on 9/12/2003
Journal Entry 1 by wingThanksMomwing from Coolidge, Arizona USA on Friday, September 12, 2003
Aliens taking over earth. Learning to live under the Jao is difficult, but necessary due to the predicted coming attack of an even stronger enemy. Very nice read, great characters.

Journal Entry 2 by bossmare from Casper, Wyoming USA on Wednesday, December 3, 2003
Got the book in the mail the other day. Will report on it when read. Thanks MOM!

Journal Entry 3 by bossmare from Casper, Wyoming USA on Sunday, January 11, 2004
I really enjoyed this book sent to me by Thanksmom. The story "flowed" and the characters were fleshed out enough to make them seem real. The alien conquers earth story with a twist. A conquerer with the will to listen to the conquered and take their recommendations serious.

Though earth is more technologicly advanced than the Jao, we don't have space going craft other than a few old shuttles. The Jao were given their space going advantages by the Ekhat, who in turn created the Jao. They use the Jao to conquer other species then go on to totally exterminate whole planets. When the Jao discover that humans can think outside the box they combine talents and come up with ways to defeat the Ekhat. Only the threat of extermination allows both species to come to rely on each other to save Earth.
Fast read, damn good book! Promised to another BXer.

Released on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at postal release in fellow bookcrosser, postal release USA.

Sent to bookcrosser anaxor in Romania! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by anaxor on Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I've already received the book. I can hardly wait to read it. Thanks a lot!

By the way the postcard is great. I'm crazy about cats :o)