Firefly Summer (pc)

by Maeve Binchy | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by tho on 8/14/2003
Journal Entry 1 by tho on Thursday, August 14, 2003
The story of two families and their relationships in the small village of Mountfern.

Amazon synopsis:
An account of four fateful years in the life of a small Irish town, and in particular of the family who run the local pub. The novel features interlocking stories of loves lost and won, hopes raised and dashed, ambitions nurtured and secrets betrayed.

Journal Entry 2 by Elsita from Almada, Setúbal Portugal on Friday, May 06, 2005
I got this book after a marvelous indian dinner!
Thanks, tho!

Journal Entry 3 by Elsita from Almada, Setúbal Portugal on Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Another great chic-lit book!

At some point I really thought all the girls in the story were going to get pregnant! And goooosh how I hated that eeijt Kerry! :P

Thanks for the loan, tho!

Here's some citations that made me think:

"- You're doing very well, Mrs Ryan - the nurse said.
- Did they tell you it was going to be like this? - Kate asked wearily.
- Like what, Mrs Ryan?
- Like wiping bottoms and pulling soiled sheets out from under people? - Kate said.
- That's only a small part of it, the main part of it is people getting better.
- It's not much better if I can't decide when to go to the lavatory. It's not better if I'm going to relieve myself over anyone and everyone who comes near me.
- Tut tut, it's not like that.
- It is like that, Nurse, for God's sake, that's the second time this morning. If I had ten seconds' warning I'd shout for you, but it just comes out.
- It doesn't matter to anyone but you.
- I hope it will always matter to me; I don't want to get to a stage where I expect people to wipe up after me.
- I've told you it won't always be like this.
- But when? When will it get better? Last week you said it would be better this week. The week before you said it would be better last week.
- If you know how well you're doing, Mrs Ryan, you'd be pleased instead of worrying about things that honestly don't worry us. You'de rejoicing like we are that you've made so much progress."

"- What kind of things do you expect now? - Kate spoke gently.
- I've no long-term plans any more, no stratagies, hardly any hope. I just go along one day at a time."

"May you always have the best of all possible things and even things that are impossible."

Journal Entry 4 by tho on Thursday, October 19, 2006
está de volta comigo já há algum tempo ...