Felicia's Journey (Bookray)

by William Trevor | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by starbytes of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 8/13/2003
Journal Entry 1 by starbytes from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 13, 2003
This book is not bad. The reason I rated it only seven is because the story didn't much appeal to me. The storyline, the message the author sent and his writing are all very good, I just didn't like it much because of the ending I guess. But it did keep me on the edge of my seat all the while I was reading it until the end. Don't get me wrong, the ending was good, I just didn't like it. :) It is a very interesting book and I hope others will enjoy it more than I did.

Thinking of a bookray with this one....

Journal Entry 2 by starbytes from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 29, 2003
From the back of the book:

"You're beautiful,"Johnny told her and so, full of hope, seventeen-year-old Felicia crosses the Irish Sea to England to find her lover and tell him she is pregnant. Searching desperately for Johnny in Birmingham, she is, instead, found by Mr Hilditch, pudgy canteen catering manager, collector and befriender of homeless young girls.

PM me with your BC username, location and shipping preferences if you're interested in joining this bookray!

Please note that adjustments will be made to the list according to geography and shipping preferences.

Please PM the next person in the list for their shipping address once the book is in your hands so that you can send the book as soon as you finish it. And please make the journal entries and release notes for the book. Thank you!

Bookray members:
1. tara-K -- Netherlands (int'l)
2. Sossap -- Portugal (Europe only)
3. Jalna -- UK (preferably UK/Europe)
4. kymberlie -- Texas, USA (prefer USA)
5. ladyofunicorns -- New Mexico, USA (int'l) <--received!

6. jenvince -- California, USA (int'l)

Journal Entry 3 by starbytes at to fellow bookcrosser in Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, October 14, 2003
Released on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at to fellow bookcrosser in Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands.

Mailed to tara-K today to start the bookray's journey!!

Journal Entry 4 by tara-K from Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, October 21, 2003
The book arrived today along with another bookray book!! I hope to get started on it this weekend. Thanks starbytes. Looking forward to reading it. Sorry it took me so long to get it rad. Once I was able to sit down and read it, it went pretty fast. I enjoyed the book and it kept on the edge but I agree that the ending wasn't all that great. I don't want to give anything away, but I'd have made the ending a little different myself.

The book will be in the mail on Monday to Portugal.

Journal Entry 5 by Sossap on Saturday, December 06, 2003
It arrived. Be back soon with details. Tnks starbytes and tara-K.

Journal Entry 6 by jalna from Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, March 18, 2004
The book reached the next stage of its journey this morning. I finished my last Ray read last night, so will start on this one day to-day and I don't think it will be with me for too long.

Journal Entry 7 by jalna from Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 23, 2004
I quite enjoyed this story - it held my interest well, but I thought it fell a little flat right at the end.

It's now ready to make its way to Kymberlie in Texas.

Mailed on 2 April 2004.

Journal Entry 8 by kymberlie from Spring, Texas USA on Monday, June 14, 2004
Received in the past month or so, though I'm just now journaling it. Sorry! Going on my TBR pile so I can get it to the next reader as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 9 by kymberlie from Spring, Texas USA on Sunday, August 08, 2004
Felicia is seventeen and pregnant. Her lover, Johhny Lysaght, has returned to his job in England, so determined to find him even though the circumstances around her points to the fact that he doesn't want her any longer, Felicia follows him.

While searching the town that Johnny is supposed to work in, she meets Mr. Hilditch, an overweight canteen catering manager. Mr. Hilditch befriends young girls in need and we are left to wonder for what purpose he feels compelled to do this.

The first two thirds of the book I spent trying to determine Mr. Hilditch's motives. They seemed shady, but since nothing was ever definitely said, I was left wondering. Once his motives are made perfectly clear, however, I found myself not enjoying the book as much and by the last fifty pages, I really just wanted to be done with it. I also must admit that the twist revealed in the last chapter, I didn't see coming at all.

All in all, a decent read and at two hundred pages, probably worth the read.

I'll be sending this off as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 10 by ladyofunicorns from Santa Fe, New Mexico USA on Saturday, September 04, 2004
I received this in the mail and am putting it in my ring/ray tbr crate and when I have read it, I will make another journal entry!

Journal Entry 11 by ladyofunicorns from Santa Fe, New Mexico USA on Sunday, December 12, 2004
The story was not bad and the writing was really good but it just wasn't for me...Thanks for sharing though!

Journal Entry 12 by ladyofunicorns from Santa Fe, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, December 28, 2005
I am so sorry that I have held this book so long! It went in the mail yesterday to jenvince with delivery confirmation. # is 03050830000224444548 and it was sent media mail.

Journal Entry 13 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Thursday, January 05, 2006
It's here. Will get to this as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 14 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Saturday, March 04, 2006
This qualifies for the Keep Them Moving in 2006 Challenge.

This was interesting, though I do agree with the other readers in that it fell a little flat at the end.

I see I am last on the list, so I'll pass this on soon.

Journal Entry 15 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Sunday, March 19, 2006
Am sending to Danesnboxers as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 16 by danesnboxers from Union, Missouri USA on Monday, March 27, 2006
Thanks so much for sharing. I am looking forward to reading this.
Danesnboxers

Journal Entry 17 by danesnboxers from Union, Missouri USA on Monday, September 15, 2008
I started this but really can't get into it so I am going to donate it to the book sale to raise money for the activity fund at the nursing home I work at.
Danesnboxers