The Hours

by Michael Cunningham | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by tara-K of Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 8/12/2003
Journal Entry 1 by tara-K from Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, August 12, 2003
I bought this book with the intention of trading it with someone else for a book I want. Hopefully, the trade will go through. I haven't asked yet.:)

I wanted the cover picture to show, so I used another IBSN. This book was actually published by Fourth Estate in London.

"In 1920's London, Virginia Woolf is fighting against her rebellious spirit as she attempts to make a start on her new novel. A young wife and mother, broiling in a suburb of 1940's Los Angeles, yearns to escape and read her precious copy of Mrs. Dalloway. And Clarissa Vaughan steps out of her smart Greenwich village apartment in 1990s New York to buy flowers for a party she is hosting for a dying friend.

Moving effortlessly across the decades and between England and America, this exquisite novel intertwines the stories of three unforgettable women."

Journal Entry 2 by tara-K from Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, September 15, 2003
I just finished this book 2 days ago. It was a very easy read. I had a hard time putting it down it was so interesting. I found it intriguiging how the author related all 3 of the women in some way to each other. Now more than ever, I want to see the movie. I was first only interested in the movie because of the make-up job on Nicole Kidman. Now, I want to see how they made this into a movie.

This book is in the mail to wandeca in Canada.

Journal Entry 3 by Wandeca from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 10, 2003
Got the book in todays mail....I've added the book to my TBR mountain -- sooner or later it will be taking over my dining room. Thanks for the trade! :-)