The Giver

by Lois Lowry | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by coen of London, Ontario Canada on 8/6/2003
Journal Entry 1 by coen from London, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 06, 2003
I'm releasing my first book tomorrow! I hope to share this wonderful book with so many more people around the world who haven't had the pleasure to experience it yet.

Journal Entry 2 by coen at Museum London in London, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 06, 2003
Released on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 at meusum london, basement film room in london, Ontario Canada.

I released this book during the fringe festival, independant short film viewing at meuseum london, in the basement.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, December 27, 2003
Typical anti-utopian... still fun.

CAUGHT IN LONDON ONTARIO CANADA

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, December 27, 2003
Typical anti-utopian... still fun.

CAUGHT IN LONDON ONTARIO CANADA

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, January 13, 2004
Got the book from a friend of my sisters. I think that I will leave at the local library. Hopefully someone will pick it up from there.
As for the book, I find that most Utopian society books are woefully predicatable, and I am afraid that this one was just that.

CAUGHT IN LONDON ON

Journal Entry 6 by Cheyanneriver from Aarhus C, Århus Amt Denmark on Tuesday, September 14, 2004
I caught the book on Friday, September 3, 2004 at Trøjborgvej #8 Blue cross second hand store in Aarhus, Denmark. I do not normally read allot of "fiction", however once in a while it's nice to get away from non-fiction and allow the mind to be creative with thee author. "All books being read are a work in progress". They teach, they force the mind to be creative, they bring about passion and they inspire.
The thought of letting go of a book I have thoroughly enjoyed is difficult.
All my books are worth there weight in gold.
Catching "The Giver" has taught me that releasing is only recieving thourgh Book Crossing's.com

I'm knew to this catch and release, as this was my first catch of a BC book. I'm not sure exactely how to go about releasing it, however i will do my best.

I have rated the book an 8 mainly because I didn't want it to end. It should have had some type of discription or explanation as to where Jonas ended up. I hope there will be a second giver.