Jack Maggs

by Peter Carey | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 8/4/2003
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, August 04, 2003
I've not got around to reading this (so many books etc. etc.), passing to a booky friend and Peter Carey fan to enjoy and/or pass on...

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at on Monday, August 18, 2003
Released on Monday, August 18, 2003 at Delivered to friend, office in Civic Drive in Ipswich, England United Kingdom.

Journal Entry 3 by Josieokane from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 30, 2003
A friend passed this book to me but I have read it already so I am passing it on straight away. Peter Carey is probably my favourite writer and this is a very clever book. I have just been to the South Bank to hear Peter Carey talking (mainly about his new book) My life as a Fake which sounds like it follows his tradition of very imaginative writing, Peter Carey believes writing allows you to do whatever you want with a story - he makes you believe in the unbelievable which is what reading is all about.