Her Fearful Symmetry

by Audrey Niffenegger | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingdutch-bookwing of Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 2/22/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingdutch-bookwing from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Tuesday, February 22, 2011
From the back:
When Elspeth Noblin dies she leaves her beautiful flat overlooking Highgate Cemetery to her twin nieces, Julia and Valentina Poole, on the condition that their mother is never allowed to cross the treshold. But until the solicitor's letter falls through the door of their suburban American house, neither Julia nor Valentina knew their aunt existed. The twins hope that in London their own, separate, lives can finally begin but they have no idea that they have been summoned into a tangle of fraying lives, from the obsessive-compulsive crossword setter who lives above them to their aunt's mysterious and elusive lover, who lives below them and works in the cemetery itself.
As the twins unravel the secrets of their aunt, who doesn't seem quite ready to leave her flat, even after death, Niffenegger weaves together a delicious and deadly ghost story about love, loss and identity.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Tuesday, March 10, 2015
I finished this yesterday. I didn't find it scary at all, but I did enjoy it however. It will now go AVL and I'll probably take it with me to Castricum where it may find another reader.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdutch-bookwing at BC Meeting 2015 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 5, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (7/5/2015 UTC) at BC Meeting 2015 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

At the meeting.

Journal Entry 4 by dutch-flybabe at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, August 2, 2015
I loved the Time traveller's wife so couldn't resist taking this book home.

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, July 14, 2019
My first ghoststory. Interesting story, well written.

Journal Entry 6 by dutch-flybabe at OBCZBagelsBooks in Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, August 18, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (8/18/2019 UTC) at OBCZBagelsBooks in Ede, Gelderland Netherlands

Left in the cupboard a few days ago. Happy travels!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, dutch-flybabe) , as your referring member.
Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.
Happy reading!