The Lovely Bones

by Alice Sebold | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLittleSuzwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/8/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 08, 2011
A work colleague is having a clear out and has given me two masive bags of books for releasing. How lovely! This is one from the bags. I read it a few years back and have pasted my earlier journal entry below.

Excellent book - I cried all the way through! The ending was a bit naff but the descriptions of the girl's murder, her time in heaven, and the agony of her family were all quite heart-breakingly well written.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/22/2011 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

On its way to shahrun

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 24, 2011
Got this in the post this morning from The Fantastic, The Amazing and The Generous LittleSuz as a wish granting RABCK (Complete with CHOCOLATE :), Postcard & cool stamps!!!!!)

Thank you so much! I can't wait to read this. I plan to read & release.

PS I am currently reading the two book coming your soon...

Journal Entry 4 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 06, 2011
I found this book a bit odd. Sometimes I was not sure of the point of what I was reading (how it was moving the story forwards. I found the end rather unsatisfying too. But I did love the authors idea of the afterlife. It kind of fits in with what I imagioned it to be. This hasn't put me off reading any more by the same author.

This book is reserved for RedFox5.

Journal Entry 5 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/13/2011 UTC) at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom

This is going to RedFox5 along with Rebecca to complete our RABCK Swap.

Hope You enjoy them both!

Safe Travels little Books.

Journal Entry 6 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 15, 2011
Thank you! I was hopeing to read this before I see the film.

Journal Entry 7 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 25, 2013
I. Loved. This. Book!

I can see why it was the winner of the Richard & Judy best read award. Pretty emotional. I had cried twice before page 50 and although I didn't cry any more after that, there were moments when I thought I might. I liked the idea that Susie was watching her family, I think I would spend my time in the afterlife doing that. Just goes to show how much a murder shatters a family. It breaks them. I'm not sure if I had forgiven Susie's mum by the end or not. I was very disappointed in her.

The things I didn't like was when Susie swapped places with Ruth for a little while. That just didn't seem to fit with the story. That and I really wanted Mr. Harvey to be caught and he got away with it! Grr!

Overall this is a read I would highly recommend.

Journal Entry 8 by redfox5 at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/12/2013 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Granting wishes and keeping them moving :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingschwesterwing at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria on Monday, November 18, 2013
I thought I had read this book, when the movie came on TV. But 3 minutes into the movie I did not recognize anything... so well, I have not read it, and put in on my wishlist et voilà - already got it!!!! Thanks a lot!

Well, I had it imagined to be better (or more my taste) - I´m the absolute opposite to spiritual, but I somehow liked the idea just for a novel (or a movie), but it somehow did not fit my taste - and I totally agree that the Ruth-part does not seem to fit.

Journal Entry 10 by wingschwesterwing at Wien Bezirk 13 - Hietzing, Wien Austria on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/19/2013 UTC) at Wien Bezirk 13 - Hietzing, Wien Austria

given to a visitor from Macedonia...