My Big Old Texas Heartache

by Geralyn Dawson | Romance |
Registered by BarkLessWagMore of Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on 8/2/2003
Journal Entry 1 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 02, 2003
To be read. Just received this in for review for the All About Romance website. It's a very prettily bound advanced readers copy. I should be finished in 2-3 weeks & it will be available for trade then. PM me if interested.

**Update 8/12/03: Am starting this today.

Finished 8/16/03 at 4am (insomnia has struck again) & will be composing my review when I gather up some ambition.

A bit about the book from Amazon:
Dear Friends and Neighbors:

How did life become so complicated? One minute I'm dating the hottest man in Dallas and the next I'm back in Cedar Dell, Texas, surrounded by grannies, gossip, and green bean casserole -- and helping my dad recuperate from a car accident. Did I happen to mention that I caused a scandal in town when I got pregnant at seventeen? No one has ever forgiven me -- not my hard-hearted father, my brother Mr. Perfect, or my pregnant-for-the-first-time-at-forty sister who's gone totally hormonal.

As if this weren't enough, who should also be back in town but Max Cooper, the former high school football star, who is my teenage son's father. And now he wants to date me?!

Who ever thought that so many new horizons and second chances would open for me during one long, hot Texas summer?

Kate

Journal Entry 2 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, August 17, 2003
Since several people have expressed interest in this book I'm going to set it up as a bookring.

What is a bookring and how do I get in on it? (thanks go to PHC for her detailed instructions which helped me greatly in understanding the process)

A bookring begins when a bookcrosser decides to send a book on a controlled journey. A list of interested readers is set up and the book passes from one reader who reads it and then sends it along to the person next in line. Eventually the book ends up back in the hands of the original owner which, for this book, will be me, LaurieS. A reader can join a bookring at any time unless I decide to close it (if that happens I will make a note that the ring has closed). Just private message (PM) me and let me know where you are located (city, state & country) and if you are able to ship internationally. Also let me know if you would like to be placed lower down on the list.

What should I do when I receive the book? Log on to bookcrossing and type up a journal entry so I know it reached you okay. Then private message (PM) the next person in line to get their mailing address so there will be no waiting once you finish the book, if they do not respond within 10 days PM the next reader in line (and me too so I know they are no longer interested). Please read the book within 30 days and when complete add another journal entry with your thoughts about the book. Tell me the truth! Was it the best thing you ever read or a complete and utter waste of time? I love to talk books, the good, the bad and even the ugly (ugly can sometimes be lots of fun to dissect), you can write one sentence or a hundred. When you finish send the book along to the next reader in line. Please mail the book via Media Mail to save on postage in the US or via the slow boat to China if sending overseas.

What if I’m the last in line? PM me and I will send you my mailing address.

Help! I’m too swamped with book commitments and it is almost my turn! If you find yourself in this situation PM me and I will bump you down a few notches on the list (if possible). Believe me, I understand!

Thanks for participating and for reading this tome if you have made it this far.

Please PM me if would like to be added to the list or have any questions about the book or the bookring!

The List:

*Boldfaced member has, or soon will, their hands on the book*
jennysbkpgs (Sweden/Y)
ferengie (Germany)
nikel27 (Germany/Y)
tara-K (Netherlands)
riroti (Netherlands) skipping
Sissyrun (California/N)
bookaholic1346 (Florida/US/Canada near end of list)
az628 (US)
LaurieS (back home to me in Merrimack, NH)

Journal Entry 3 by BarkLessWagMore at on Friday, August 22, 2003
Released on Friday, August 22, 2003 at Bookcrosser's home in postal release, postal release USA.

Sent to jennysbkpgs today to kick off the bookring.

Journal Entry 4 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 04, 2003
My review has been posted at All About Romance . I can't post the official review here but check out the link if you'd like to read my thoughts on the book. And do be sure and let me know whether and why you agree/disagree with me.

Journal Entry 5 by jennysbkpgs from Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, October 10, 2003
Received the book today. Thanks! : ) Will read it asap and send it on to the next member.

Journal Entry 6 by jennysbkpgs from Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, October 21, 2003
I liked this book very much! Although when I started reading it, I was afraid that it was going to be another one of those "secret child" books. In this case the child was a seventeen-year-old young man, Ryan, who hated his father's guts, so he definitely knew about his father. And his father, Max, knew that he had a son, and even though he hadn't been such a good father for his son during the past seventeen years, he did love him and wanted to make it up to him somehow.

Kate’s life changed in a lot of ways when she moved back to Cedar Dell, Texas. She had a real chance to make amends with her family. She had two sexy men wanting to date her: Nicholas Sutherland, a hotshot lawyer from Dallas, and Max Cooper, Ryan’s father. I wonder if we’ll get to read more about NN in another book... And she had a chance to find out what she really wanted, what her dreams were.

I thought Max’s young daughter Shannon was so adorable! She charmed everyone in her vicinity, even Kate’s grumpy old father. And her reasoning about getting a mom, now that Ryan got a father was so sweet.

Thank you so much LaurieS for sharing this book! The book is now continuing on its journey, and is on its way to Germany and ferengie.

Journal Entry 7 by ferengie from Dülmen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, October 25, 2003
...arrived yesterday in my mailbox from Sweden....I already started reading it and so far I
think it's great...more later when I'm done...

Journal Entry 8 by ferengie from Dülmen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, October 30, 2003
I liked the book very much although it first seemed to be just one of "those lovestories"... even the little girl got want she wants in the end...
LaurieS thanks for letting me join this ring...book goes in the mail today to nikel27 the next one in line...

Journal Entry 9 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Monday, November 03, 2003
book arrived yesterday in my mailbox, looking forward to read this book

Wonderfull book, I will try to read more from this author...before I only have read here historical Romances..

After riroti, told me she has no time at the moment I try to reach tara-k.

Finally I got the address from tara-k, and so the book will go for a journay to the Netherlands

Journal Entry 10 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 06, 2004
Release planned for Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim Controlled Releases.

thanks for letting me be in this Book Ring, hope that tara-k also will like it.

Journal Entry 11 by tara-K from Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, April 22, 2004
The book just arrived and I'll get started as soon as I finish the book I'm reading. Looking forward to reading this Texas book. Just got back from there.

I really enjoyed this book. Nice reminder of Texas people and places.

I'm trying to contact the next person on the list with little luck. Will try one more time and then I'm going to the next person.

Journal Entry 12 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Monday, May 24, 2004
The book made it safely to California from The Netherlands. I should be able to start it in a couple of days.

>>Finished this book today. It was a fun light read. I think the author did a great job on describing the family dynamics. More factual than fiction. Jack is so typical of most fathers his age, his son can do no wrong and can attain his dreams; while the daughters should just settle for a husband and kids. Rrrr....
I haven't lived in a small town like Cedar Dell, but I did visit one just like it in Illinois when I was a kid, everyone knows everything that is going on and what you don't know can be found in the National Enquirer!
Thanks for sharing this book, LaurieS. Now where is my pig pink crayon...

Journal Entry 13 by Sissyrun at Postal Release in -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, June 02, 2004
Released on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at Postal Release in USPS, postal release USA.

Mailed today to Bookaholic1346 in Florida. Happy trails.....

Journal Entry 14 by bookaholic1346 from Florence, Kentucky USA on Friday, June 11, 2004
Received yesterday! Will read and pass along ASAP. Happy reading!!

Journal Entry 15 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 21, 2004
This has returned safely to me! Thanks so much for all of the great journal entries. I've enjoyed reading each and every journal entry and am thrilled this book travelled so much.

Journal Entry 16 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 20, 2004
Offering up at Casual Readers Book Relay Site on the "Advance Readers Copy" Relay.

Journal Entry 17 by BarkLessWagMore at Media Mail in Bookrelay, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 26, 2004
Released on Thursday, August 26, 2004 at Media Mail in Bookrelay, Bookrelay Controlled Releases.

Sending off to MyPileOfBooks

Journal Entry 18 by MyPileOfBooks on Monday, October 04, 2004
Got this a couple of weeks ago and thought that I had journaled it but I hadn't! Thanks for checking in on it! Can't wait to read!!

Journal Entry 19 by MyPileOfBooks on Wednesday, November 03, 2004
This was a really cute story! Will definetely want to read more by this author! Truly enjoyed this book!

Journal Entry 20 by MyPileOfBooks at Trade in Trade, A Trade -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (1/19/2005 UTC) at Trade in Trade, A Trade -- Controlled Releases

sending to luvsbooks as a trade! Enjoy!