Thirteen Reasons Why

by Jay Asher | Teens |
ISBN: 159514188X Global Overview for this book
Registered by chiggins23 of Reno, Nevada USA on 2/6/2011
Journal Entry 1 by chiggins23 from Reno, Nevada USA on Sunday, February 06, 2011
www.bookmooch.com

Journal Entry 2 by chiggins23 at Reno, Nevada USA on Saturday, February 12, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (2/11/2011 UTC) at Reno, Nevada USA

Enjoy:)

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, February 18, 2011
Woohoo! I caught a Bookcrossing book via BookMooch. Thanks, chiggins23!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015
I started reading this book today for the TIOLI challenge on LibraryThing to read a book (fiction or non-fiction) with a tree name embedded in the Title, Subtitle or Author's Name (ash).

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015
This was a very, very good teen novel. It deals with the suicide of a female student, Hannah Baker. As the novel opens, we know that Hannah has successfully completed her suicide attempt because, prior to her death, she had made a set of tapes for selected fellow students to hear. We follow along as one student, Clay Jensen, listens to and reacts to those tapes.

I found this book quite readable and even page-turning from the very beginning. I think the subject of teen suicide, rumors, and alienation are very important ones that this novel brings to the forefront. Although I am not a big reader of teen novels, I found a lot to like in this story which highlights ways that teens might unknowingly contribute to the alienation of fellow students. There is a lot to seriously think about while and after reading this novel.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Friday, May 15, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (5/16/2015 UTC) at Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

This is a RABCK for melydia. It's on her wishlist!

------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BookCrossing, where we make the whole world a library!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so I know this book has found a new home. I encourage you to join BookCrossing (free!) so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing "SqueakyChu" as your referring person.

Take your time reading the book. When you finish, make another journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours so you can keep it or share it with someone else. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let us know where you left it.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Monday, May 18, 2015
This was on my wishlist. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 8 by wingmelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, August 18, 2018
High school student Hannah Baker commits suicide, then a few weeks later, Clay Jensen receives an anonymous package containing seven cassette tapes. They turn out to be a kind of suicide note from Hannah, in which she explains what events - which people, really - led to her taking her own life. It's a complicated subject, and I have complicated feelings about it. I did not feel like I had enough sympathy for Hannah. Yes, people weren't nice to her, but too much of it felt like the old "then they'll all be sorry!" fantasy coming true. The whole "suicide as revenge" thing just doesn't work as a plot device. Clay's perspective was a bit more realistic as he goes through the stages of grief. Definitely not something I would recommend to anyone entertaining thoughts of suicide.

Journal Entry 9 by wingmelydiawing at Noodles & Co., Mt Vernon Plaza in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 18, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (8/19/2018 UTC) at Noodles & Co., Mt Vernon Plaza in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Taking to the BCinDC meetup. If no one claims it, I'll leave it in a Little Free Library in the area.
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 10 by ggrubbs at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 12, 2020
Setting it back to the wild! Leaving at a free library right off of Ridgecrest Drive!