Appetites: Why Women Want

by Caroline Knapp | Health, Mind & Body | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingFiregirlwing of Tucson, Arizona USA on 2/6/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingFiregirlwing from Tucson, Arizona USA on Sunday, February 6, 2011
From back cover: ...Knapp confronts Freud's famous question, "What do women want?" and boldly reframes it, asking instead: How does a woman know, and then honor, what it is she wants in a culture bent on shaping, defining, and controlling her desires? Knapp has turned her brilliant eye towards how a woman's appetite -- for food, love, work, and pleasure -- has become a battlefield. She uses her own experience with anorexia as a powerful exploration of what can happen when we are divorced from our most basic hungers -- and offers her own success as testament to the joy of saying, "I want".

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing at Redmon's Candy Store in Phillipsburg, Missouri USA on Sunday, April 10, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (4/7/2011 UTC) at Redmon's Candy Store in Phillipsburg, Missouri USA

It only seemed fitting to leave this in the women's restroom. Hope some woman wants it!