Haunted Sister

by Lael Littke | Teens |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 2/1/2011
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Book Description:

Part ghost story, part psychological drama, this eerie account of a near-death experience is sure to draw teenage thrill-seekers. Beginning with the sentence, "It was raining on the day I died," narrator Janine recounts how, following a car accident, she is taken to a place filled with "mists and fog," where she is reunited with her dead twin sister, Lenore. When Janine returns to the world of the living, Lenore is there with her, invading her thoughts and learning to control her body. Lenore, who was always the more mischievous of the two, makes Janine do things against her will, like snubbing her boyfriend, Scott, while he recovers from the same car accident; flirting with Scott's hospital roommate, football-hero Rafe; and shoplifting a bracelet. Janine's doctor attributes her patient's belief in Lenore to a temporary multiple-personality disorder caused by head injuries. Janine's problem, however, is more complicated. Lenore is forcing a buried memory, a secret behind Janine's mixed-up identity to the surface. Despite her heavy-handed foreshadowing and less than subtle rendering of the B-movie good twin/evil twin theme, Littke (The Watcher) manages to make the improbable seem just plausible (and engrossing) enough to encourage readers to suspend their disbelief. (For Ages 11-14)

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, March 31, 2014
My Review: This was an interesting story. I liked the psychological suspense. Not knowing what's really happening made it really suspenseful.

Reserved for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, May 05, 2014
This book is starting out in Round #1 of Teens VBB (US only). This VBB is open to new participants if you want to join send me a PM.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2014
This book wasn't picked from the first two rounds of my Teens VBB, so I will make it available.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (10/29/2014 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left at Soho Bagel on the bookshelf when picking up cheddar bagels for the family. Enjoy the book!