Love As A Foreign Language #3 (v. 3)

by J. Torres, Eric Kim | Graphic Novels |
ISBN: 1932664181 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 1/28/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, January 28, 2011
I picked up this three volumes at the recent Miami library book sale.

I have to say while the artist is pretty good with his pen and the smooth-flowing, clean and powerful lines are expressful, the story itself doesn't have enough substance to keep the readers engaged. It feels like the story is circling around with nothing going forward. The titles of the episodes are quite clever, and I like the Korean culture tidbits thrown in (I didn't know that unlike Japanese, in Korea it is rude to pick up a bowl of rice. No wonder their rice bowls are so uncomfortable to pick up...), but that doesn't make up for what's lacking.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Manga / Graphic Novels, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/9/2011 UTC) at Manga / Graphic Novels, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

putting into the k00kaburra's manga bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 26, 2011
Taking out of K00kaburra's Manga Bookbox. I just wasn't sure I wanted this, but I read the first book's back cover and then the first few pages and realized I was halfway through the book already and loving it. LOL So I might as well take it and give it a proper read.

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2011
This was my favorite of the first 3 volumes, because I love the info about dinner table manners. And now Joel has decided to leave for sure. He's made up his mind. Absolutely. Until... the end. HOW COULD IT END THERE?! No fair!

This book will be released at the 2011 BookCrossing Convention.

Journal Entry 6 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, April 21, 2011
Won in the graphic novels raffle at the DC convention.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 7 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, May 11, 2011
I agree with KateKintail - you can't end it there!!! (Actually, from what I can tell from Amazon, there's at least three more volumes to the story...)

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 8 by alkaline-kiwi at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, May 20, 2011
Sent to me by the wonderful FutureCat after I mentioned I enjoyed graphic novels.

Might have to look out for the rest of the series after I have finished these three volumes.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, April 24, 2017
I would have much preferred to get the whole series!