Love As A Foreign Language #2

by J. Torres, Eric Kim | Graphic Novels |
ISBN: 1932664157 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 1/28/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, January 28, 2011
Vol 2 continues the story of Joel, a Canadian teaching English in Seoul. Hating life, part of him wants to hop onto the next flight home, but part of him wants to stay and be near Hana, the new secretary.

If nothing much happened in vol 1, even less happens here. It almost feels like the author is just trying to fill up empty pages while he figures out how to move the story.

I really like the word play in the titles, like Seoul Searching, Soju Want to Teach English in Korea, Hana-lyze This, Just Call My Name and Kalbi There. ANd I do learn a bit about Korean culture too.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Manga / Graphic Novels, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/9/2011 UTC) at Manga / Graphic Novels, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

putting into the k00kaburra's manga bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 26, 2011
Taking out of K00kaburra's Manga Bookbox. I just wasn't sure I wanted this, but I read the first book's back cover and then the first few pages and realized I was halfway through the book already and loving it. LOL So I might as well take it and give it a proper read.

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I love how each volume brings in some more crazy Korean tv show culture (it's black and white but you can easily see the bright colors and hear the shouting/loud music) and how Joel is absolutely certain he's going to quit... only to double-think it when he runs into Hana. It's a very sweet crush/attraction and it makes me keep reading, wondering how it's going to turn out.

I also really love all the chapter titles (like Hana-lyze This)--they're so clever and add a lot of character to the story.

This book will be released at the 2011 BookCrossing Convention.

Journal Entry 6 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, April 21, 2011
Won in the graphic novels raffle at the DC convention.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 7 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, May 11, 2011
I found myself losing patience with Joel in this volume - he complains about everything so much!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 8 by alkaline-kiwi at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, May 20, 2011
Sent to me by the wonderful FutureCat after I mentioned I enjoyed graphic novels.

Looking forward to reading this second volume, also have a friend in mind to pass this series on to.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, April 24, 2017
I would have much preferred to get the whole series!