Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow

by Peter Hoeg | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingminesaynwing of Huron, Ohio USA on 1/26/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingminesaynwing from Huron, Ohio USA on Wednesday, January 26, 2011
From the back cover: One winter evening the neighbour's six-year-old boy falls to his death from the apartment roof in Copenhagen.
Accidental death, say the police. But Smilla Jasperson, a resourceful, tenacious and bloody-minded Greenlander, knows the boy well; moreover she has a feeling for snow--and those last footprints tell her a tale... Her investigation starts in Denmark and leads to the Arctic ice cap as Smilla doggedly homes in on her quarry.

Journal Entry 2 by wingminesaynwing at The Post Office in Huron, Ohio USA on Monday, February 04, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/4/2013 UTC) at The Post Office in Huron, Ohio USA

Released on the desk in the post office in memory of Oppem's birthday in conjunction with School of Bookcrossing: Citizenship. Oppem was a generous bookcrosser, but she was trying to read from the 1001-BYMRBYD list and this was on her wish list (and also is a 1001-book, too).

Journal Entry 3 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Tuesday, July 01, 2014
Found on the book cart for the Friends of the Huron Public Library (so it has returned). Will release again

Journal Entry 4 by wingminesaynwing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (7/3/2014 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

This is a book from the 1001-book you must read before you die list. Just added it to the surprise ring as I thought it needed to travel further.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, July 05, 2014
Thanks for the 1001 book. I am trying to read 20 a year from the list. I've read abut 175 of them. A few I have read more than once - some more than 5 times. What a fun surprise.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 26, 2018
1001 book. I thought it was beautifully written. It is set in Denmark and Greenland and I enjoyed learning about this area of the world. The story line, I found average with a lot of details that at times bogged down the story.