Anguished English: An Anthology of Accidental Assaults Upon Our Language

by Richard Lederer | Entertainment |
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 1/23/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Sunday, January 23, 2011
Blurb:
Anguished English is filled with accidental misuses of language that will delight and entertain you. This book has all the student bloopers, dangling modifiers, misread headlines, and malapropisms imaginable. It's a must-have for word lovers everywhere.

Released 10 yrs ago (1/29/2011 UTC) at The Old Shades Pub, Whitehall in City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom

Will be released at a meet-up. Or at the OBCZ shelf.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 30, 2011
I picked this up while meeting some lovely bookcrossers in London, I've already read a quarter of the book and it's a hoot!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 05, 2011
This book has some laugh out loud bits, which was a bit embarrassing as I was reading it on a plane!

Definitely a fun book to read, if a little too Americanised.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at The Long Stone Pub (OBCZ) in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Saturday, February 05, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (2/5/2011 UTC) at The Long Stone Pub (OBCZ) in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, February 08, 2011
some funny stuff here, found this in the longstone pub whilst having lunch with a friend