The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Trilogy, Book 1)

by James Dashner | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by xspace of Highland, New York USA on 1/18/2011
Journal Entry 1 by xspace from Highland, New York USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Enjoy and pass it on!

Released 7 yrs ago (1/18/2011 UTC) at not sure where yet in -- Wild released somewhere in the state, New York USA

Pass it on!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at New Paltz, New York USA on Sunday, May 15, 2011
This book is absolutely terrific. It manages to tell a brilliant story and bring up some really interesting and novel thinking points without getting bogged down. It's fast paced, I would read for hours only because I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. You quickly start to feel the characters, relating to the good ones, learning to like them, and hating the bad ones. This book is a true masterpiece in storytelling...until the end, which lacks a bit.

I think it brings up an interesting point about scientific advancement. First, how far are we willing to go as a society to further our understanding of the world and develop our technologies? We have found some limits, stem cell research etc. but even this isn't an issue to some people. Obviously cruelty to animals isn't a problem for most people for the advancement of science. This sort of question always makes me ponder the actual value of technology as a whole, are we much better off with our computers and cars than the Native Americans were?

Overall, great book, loved reading it, props.