Moon

by Jeremy Gavron | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by klaradyn of Praha, Praha Czech Republic on 1/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Sunday, January 09, 2011
From amazon.co.uk:

Set in Nairobi in 1953 onwards, this is a coming-of-age story of a young boy and his friendship with his father's black chauffeur. As racial tension escalates in the country, loyalties are divided and tensions rise.

Reserved for the All About Africa VBB.

Journal Entry 2 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2011 UTC) at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

On the way to KiwiinEngland, who chose this from the VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Safely received in Ireland, thanks for sending this from Africa. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, May 16, 2011
I enjoyed this story, about a boy growing up and trying to make sense of the world of adults. The situation in Nairobi at the time adds to his confusion.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Friday, January 13, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (1/14/2012 UTC) at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

Posting as a RABCK to Luxemborg. I hope you enjoy this book.

Journal Entry 6 by frutz at Mersch / Miersch, Kanton Mersch Luxembourg on Sunday, February 05, 2012
Thanks a lot KiwiinEngland for this RABCK! I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by frutz at Mersch / Miersch, Kanton Mersch Luxembourg on Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Interesting read, I knew very little about the political situation in Nairobi in the 60ties. Difficult to be a child with only adults around and with little contact to the outside world...

Journal Entry 8 by frutz at in the mail, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Friday, April 20, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (4/21/2012 UTC) at in the mail, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Happy reading!
I will post it tomorrow to the winner of the "You've got mail" sweepstakes

Journal Entry 9 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 03, 2012
Ohhhhh this looks good and interesting. Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 05, 2018
A deep read. Interesting about memory and being a child in an adult world. This one will stick with me I'm sure.

Journal Entry 11 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 14, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (4/17/2019 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as part of my bookversary RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Friday, April 26, 2019
The book is here.

I've spent my early childhood in Mozambique (Africa) and my best friend at the time was a black young man, who took care of me when my parents and siblings were away, for work and school. We lost contact with him, after we left to Portugal, during the independence war in Mozambique. Hard times. I still miss him.

I think this will be the perfect book for me. I hope I can survive it...
Thank you so much for sharing.