Dissecting Death: Secrets of a Medical Examiner

Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 1/7/2011
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, January 17, 2011
Zugibe was Chief Medical Examiner for Rockland County, New York for many years and in this book he looks back at some of his memorable cases.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, March 26, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (3/26/2011 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Wishlist RABCK going out via media mail. Happy reading!

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, April 16, 2011
What a nice surprise my BC friend. Thank you so much for this wishlist book. I am blessed.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, April 28, 2011
Finished the book this morning. It was enjoyable. I am going to send this off as a RABCK to glade1 to enjoy.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Thursday, April 28, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (4/28/2011 UTC) at McLeansville, North Carolina USA

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingglade1wing at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Thursday, May 05, 2011
Thank you, booklady 331, for this generous RABCK! I've already begun reading it (although I am in the middle of several books already) and it is fascinating.

Journal Entry 7 by wingglade1wing at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Friday, May 20, 2011
Very clear and engaging explanation of the job of a medical examiner. This book reinforced my faith in some of the crime fiction authors I have read (e.g., Patricia Cornwell and Jeffrey Deaver), because many of the things Dr. Zugibe explained were things I had already read about in the Kay Scarpetta or Lincoln Rhyme novels. Seems like the authors are doing a good job with their homework.

And it seems to be that truth is at least as strange as fiction, if not stranger. There were some fascinating stories in this collection. In general, the perpetrators didn't seem to be quite as hard to pin down in the real-life tales as they sometimes are in fiction.

I also enjoyed the last chapter, although it was a bit of a jolting change of pace. In this section, the Dr. Zugibe gives his strong opinions regarding the bumbling of the investigators and prosecutors in the JonBenet Ramsey and O.J. Simpson cases, and gives a brief, rather random disparagement of the use of psychics in criminal investigation.

Overall, this was a very good read. Thank you again, booklady331, for sharing it with me.

I have passed it along to a coworker and told him to pass it along, in turn, when he has read it, so I am marking it as traveling, though it's not really a wild release...

ETA 8-22-12: This book has made its way back to me. I've tagged hostile17 with it in the Wish List Tag game - will send this week.

Journal Entry 8 by wingglade1wing at Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Friday, August 24, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (8/24/2012 UTC) at Greensboro, North Carolina USA

Mailed to hostile17 as part of the Wish List Tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Monday, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for sending me this wishlist book.
Looking forward to reading it soon.