The Other Hand

by Chris Cleave | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 12/28/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 28, 2010
I got this from my lovely mummy today, as a part of my xmas prezzie. I think it's 2nd hand, so hopefuly it has already had an interesting life. It looks very interesting. Plan to read then release it.

BoB
"We don't want to tell you what happens in this book. It is a truly special story and we don't want to spoil it.

Neverless, you need to know enough to buy it so we will just say this:

This is the story of two women.

Their lives collide one fateful day, and one of them has to make a terrible choice.

Two years later, they meet again - the story starts there...

Once you have read it, you'll want to tell your friends about it. When you do, please don't tell them what happens either. The magic is in how it unfolds."

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Wow. This book touched me and got me thinking about my own attitudes to thw subjects discussed in this book. I don't want to give anything too much away, because like it says on the back of the book, "The magic is in how it unfolds."

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (6/15/2011 UTC) at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom

This book is on it's way to Ashleigh4985 via my Mummy who really wanted to read this book & promises to read/post it quick

Journal Entry 4 by pukekogeko at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, June 30, 2011
Brilliant story. I was drawn to the main characters who each told the story from their perspective. There are so many parts of this book which I would love to remember because the language is so vibrant. I laughed, I cried, I hoped, and most of all I felt for all the people in the tale. Chris Cleve is a master craftsman and I want more of his tales: how carefully he steps across the barriers of culture and reminds us that we our similarities as humans are more important than our differences.

Ashleigh, sorry to keep you waiting. Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!

Journal Entry 5 by Ashleigh4985 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 02, 2011
This book arrived this morning, thank you for sending it safely to Edinburgh. As luck would have it I finished my last book yesterday so I think I will get started on this one straight away. It is a beautiful sunny day here, perfect for sitting out with a good book.

Thanks for sharing