The Doomsday Carrier

by Victor Canning | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Marina1809 on 7/29/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Marina1809 on Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Glad it was only a thin book, read it in just under a day......but had some interesting theories...Mmm..wonder if they can ever be real? Nah!

Blurb:

"Charlie is loose - an amiable, omnivorous chmpanzee as innocent as the English summer countryside into which he has escaped.

The trouble is that Charlie hasn't slipped out of some zoo or wildlife park, but from a top secret biological warfare research station.....in 21 days he will become a devastating biological weapon, as the plague bacilus within him become active..."

Journal Entry 2 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, August 06, 2004
Now, should I read this, to see whether the chimp is depicted somewhat correctly and I consider myself to me somewhat of an authority on that matter, or should I refrain from it, because this does seem like a thriller and I am not into thrillers really?
Let me ponder on that question for a while. In the meantime, this book is available.

Journal Entry 3 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, September 12, 2005
Okay, I am not into thrillers, and I remember why. They add nothing to my life. The only reason this book was on my to-be-read pile, was indeed to see if what they say about chimps is remotely true. The writer fell for the first mistake about chimp behaviour: when a chimp is grinning with his teeth showing, he is not amused, he is not greeting you in a friendly way, he is scared! How stupid can you be, if you decide to have an animal as the main character in your book and not even remotely know how they behave. Sigh.
Anyway, perhaps the next reader will enjoy this more.

Released 13 yrs ago (12/10/2005 UTC) at -- Wild Released somewhere in Johannesburg in Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa

On the road towards South Africa! Through Deventer, Arnhem, Amsterdam and abroad.

Journal Entry 5 by OBCZMamaTembo from Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Thursday, April 06, 2006
Book received by OBCZ Fourways. Many thanks for your kind donation!

Released 12 yrs ago (7/27/2006 UTC) at Mama Tembo's Café, 4th Ave/6th St in Johannesburg - Randburg, Gauteng South Africa

to be found on the shelves of the obcz from either thursday or friday.

Journal Entry 7 by OBCZMamaTembo from Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Friday, August 25, 2006
at today's check this book was still on the shelves.