corner corner Blackberry Wine

Blackberry Wine
by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 12/18/2010

status (set by jumpingin): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Saturday, December 18, 2010

Having read Chocolat by this author and Five Quarters of the Orange, I fell in love with this author. I grabbed this for a great price at a library sale today. Looking forward to reading it and sharing it soon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

I received this great book as part of the Wishlist Tag Game, thanks so much for tagging me! I am looking forward to reading it and then I will pass it on.

Amazon Editorial Review

As a boy, writer Jay Mackintosh spent three golden summers in the ramshackle home of "Jackapple Joe" Cox. A lonely child, he found solace in Old Joe's simple wisdom and folk charms. The magic was lost, however, when Joe disappeared without warning one fall.

Years later, Jay's life is stalled with regret and ennui. His bestselling novel, Jackapple Joe, was published ten years earlier and he has written nothing since. Impulsively, he decides to leave his urban life in London and, sight unseen, purchases a farmhouse in the remote French village of Lansquenet. There, in that strange and yet strangely familiar place, Jay hopes to re-create the magic of those golden childhood summers. And while the spirit of Joe is calling to him, it is actually a similarly haunted, reclusive woman who will ultimately help Jay find himself again.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, February 04, 2018

Arrived safely from bookstogive's General Literature virtual bookbox. Thanks so much!