Snow Falling on Cedars

by David Guterson | Audiobooks |
ISBN: 067944775x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 12/16/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Thursday, December 16, 2010
Bought this at a library sale or a thrift store used book sale.

Abridged
2 cassettes

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Sunday, December 19, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (12/19/2010 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

Giving this to LittleWhiteBird for HGG 2010. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Monday, December 20, 2010
HGG from KateKintail who came by my house with two boxes of books on tape today :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at Pasadena, California USA on Thursday, June 12, 2014
I'm glad I kept this one, taking it back from DC to California. I just finished listening.
The attitude towards Japanese residents during WWII still plays a role when in 1954 a fisherman is found drowned and Japanese-American Kabuo Miyamoto is charged with his murder. The novel brings us through the trial and memories and actions that influence it.
The unabridged book may be even more gripping with more details, but this was a good abridgment, still conveying the tragic mood and the factors that played a role in the story.

I'll put this audiobook aside for iwillrejoice's Audiobook VBB.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at Pasadena, California USA on Monday, January 19, 2015
Hasn't been chosen from the VBB, so it's again available.

Journal Entry 6 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at Pasadena, California USA on Saturday, November 21, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (11/23/2015 UTC) at Pasadena, California USA

Happy birthday!

I hope you'll enjoy listening.

2015 Birthday Group

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, December 03, 2015
Received as part of Oppem's Birthday Group - thank you very much! (Larger photo here.)

Movie tie-in cover.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf:

598393766241939822774 (audio CDs)15044112

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, February 12, 2016
My cassette player went belly-up and I haven't been able to replace it, so this will be looking for a new home soon.

Journal Entry 9 by winghyphen8wing at Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, February 12, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (2/13/2016 UTC) at Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To be released during the Great Aloha Run Expo, February 12-14. We'll see if it gets claimed, or if it comes back home again.

Wild released for zbird's Groundhog Day challenge, msrubble's 2016 movie challenge, and AlterEgoZoe's Leap into the Wild Challenge.

(Over the course of three days, I took 6 CD audiobooks, 18 cassette audiobooks, and 45 other books to the Great Aloha Run Health & Fitness Expo and left them at the end of the table in our booth. At the end of the last day, the only things left were 3 of the cassette audiobooks. Now let's see if I get any journal entries!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books...or a little like geocaching - you can follow the book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!