Dolores Claiborne

by Stephen King | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingcountofmontewing of Heanor, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 12/1/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingcountofmontewing from Heanor, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 01, 2010
Fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcountofmontewing at on Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (12/7/2010 UTC) at

Released.

Journal Entry 3 by chocdrop at on Wednesday, December 08, 2010
Taken from the shelf.

From the back cover:

"Dolores Claiborne has a story to tell.

But not quite what the police had expected.

Dolores Claiborne has a confession to make...

She will take her time. Won't be hurried. Will do it her way, sparing neither details nor feelings. Hers or anyone else's.

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Truth that takes you to the edge of darkness.

Dolores Claiborne has a story to tell and you'd better pay attention - or else."

Journal Entry 4 by chocdrop at on Monday, February 21, 2011
Very interesting book. It's written in the form of an unbroken monologue by the title character. It took a little while to get used to, but once I did, I found it very hard to put down.

Journal Entry 5 by chocdrop at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 21, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/22/2011 UTC) at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending to a Bookcrosser as a surprise RABCK as it is on their wishlist.

Journal Entry 6 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 24, 2011
Thank you so much for the lovely surprise - arrived this morning and put a big grin on my face! Love Stephen King, but have not read this one.

Journal Entry 7 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 06, 2018
Ok, completely not what I was expecting! And at first I really didn't think I was going to like it, but slowly Dolores gets under your skin. Her way of speaking and describing her life becomes almost hypnotic, and was soon so immersed in her world that I NEEDED to find out what was going to happen next.

The story itself isn't hugely plot driven - instead we have a woman who has faced some difficult decisions in her life and has had to learn to live with those decisions. t's more an exploration of how far you can go to protect a child, even if it taints the rest of your life.

However, I'm not sure I would make the same final decision as hers, no matter how much I wanted to help an orphanage!

Released 11 mos ago (11/19/2018 UTC) at MOOCHED in Bookmooch.com, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Congratulations! You have found a traveling book.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this site and letting us know what this book has been up to since it was released into the wild. I hope you enjoy reading it, but even if it isn’t your type of thing, then I’m sure there will be someone out there who will love it. This book is now yours, so feel free to keep it. However, I would be grateful if you could leave all the stickers in place and pass it on again once you’ve finished with it – you could give it to a friend, donate it to a charity shop or just leave it lying around somewhere to be picked up again by a total stranger. If you would like to get regular updates on what the book is doing in the future, then why not join Bookcrossing too…it’s fun, friendly and free.

Thanks again and happy reading!