U is for Undertow

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Brumbie of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 11/24/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Brumbie from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Kinsey Millhone is called upon to use her deductive skills yet again in a story of misrememberings and misunderstandings. Her client comes to her with a vague childhood memory from 20 years ago which he now thinks is of a missing child's body being buried. This coincides with Kinsey's early family memories which she has tried to block out. Fascinating study of perceptions based on childhood experience.

Journal Entry 2 by Brumbie at Hudsons, North Western Arcade in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, November 25, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/25/2010 UTC) at Hudsons, North Western Arcade in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

As you can see, this book is on a journey. When you have finished with it would you please journal it here and send it on its way. You will then be able to follow its travels on this website. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Katisha50 at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, November 26, 2010
Rushed into the new Hudson's to try and grab this book - from my wishlist - before it disappeared. Then I had to have a cup of coffee. Then I started reading it! And I've got an Iris Murdoch to finish at home. Oops!

Journal Entry 4 by Katisha50 at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, January 03, 2011
Loved this. It's a bit different from the others in the series, but not in a bad way.

Journal Entry 5 by Katisha50 at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, January 03, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/3/2011 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Taking to someone who has this on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 6 by beckydore at Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, January 03, 2011
Thanks Gill. I will enjoy this!

Journal Entry 7 by beckydore at Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I've read the series in order and its been a while since I read T is for Trespass. Since then I've read the Stephanie Plum series and I kept expecting Kinsey to do something really ditzy so was amazed at the competence in the last few pages!!

Enjoyable read. I expect there are a few other people out there with this on their wishlist so I am going to advertise it as a ray.

Journal Entry 8 by beckydore at Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 12, 2011
This is now going out on a ray.

Phase 1 - people ready to read it now.
If you are going to see someone in this section shortly after you have finished it, please feel free to pass on the book to them and change the order slightly.
Weebly - read
Herrgirl - read
Yowlyy - read
Jellybaby531 _ TBR
Shahrun

Phase 2 - people who are still reading other novels in the series. Please do not move onto this list until I've readvertised the ray!
Crosspatch (on R)
Rainbow3

Released 8 yrs ago (1/28/2011 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going off to Weebly.

Journal Entry 10 by weebly at Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 03, 2011
Arrived - and really looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 11 by weebly at Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 11, 2011
Really enjoyed this one - a good mix of Kinsey's investigation, flash backs and a bit of her family history thrown in. Some people say you don't need to read these in order, but you would miss the significance of the Kinsey family saga it you jumped about in the series, oh - and the last page made me cry!

Journal Entry 12 by herrgirl at Wantage, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Arrived today, thanks for sending it on, weebly. Yes, it's been a while since T is for Trespass, so am looking forward to this one. Thanks for the tissue warning too!

Journal Entry 13 by herrgirl at Wantage, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 07, 2011
I really enjoyed this one and it was nice to get re-acquainted with Henry and Rosie. Also to have Kinsey's own story move along a bit was welcome.

Thanks for organising the ray, beckydore.

I'll PM yowlyy for her address now.

Journal Entry 14 by herrgirl at A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 07, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (3/8/2011 UTC) at A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending this on to yowlYY.

Journal Entry 15 by YowlYY at on Thursday, March 10, 2011
Arrived today, many thanks :) I will start it next week when I am finished with another bookring.

Journal Entry 16 by Jellybaby531 at Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Arrived today, thanks Yowlyy! It's ages since I read the last one of these, so looking forward to this one.

Journal Entry 17 by Jellybaby531 at Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 29, 2011
Really enjoyed this - it was good to re-acquaint myself with this series after quite a gap since T!
The book will be continuing it's journey shortly.

Journal Entry 18 by Shahrun at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Just got this in the post. Thank you for forwarding this to me JellyBaby531 & Beckydore for organising the Ray! Going to finish current read then attack this one. I really like the cover. When I've finished it will be going to the next Ray participant.

Journal Entry 19 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, May 12, 2011
This is only the 2nd Kinsey Millhone I've read and I enjoyed it. I do usually prefer to read things in order, but I didn't feel clueless in this book as the author gave enough background to keep me up to speed (I think). I took me longer to read than I'd hoped because I didn't have time to read which was quite frustrating because I really wanted to find out how it all occured. I liked the 3rd person time travelling mixed in with Kinseys 1st person narrative. I lookforward to reading the rest of the series.

This book will be released to the next member of the Ray as soon as I find out who it is.

Journal Entry 20 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/24/2012 UTC) at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom

After being the registered keeper of this book for almost a year, repeated emails to try and find a new one...

I am very pleased to announce it has a new home!

The Book's adventures live on. Safe travels little book. Happy Reading Rainbow3.

Journal Entry 21 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 27, 2012
Yahoo, thanks Sharhrun, U is for Undertow arrived a few hours ago & is now on one of my - way to numerous - To-Be-Read piles.

Now to alert Flutterbies9 to the fact I have this and she has next dibs on it!.