Stardust

by Neil Gaiman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Minerva101 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 11/24/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I LOVE this book! So much better than the movie. Neil Gaiman rocks!

Product Description
Catch a fallen star . . .

Tristran thorn promised to bring back a fallen star. So he sets out on a journey to fulfill the request of his beloved, the hauntingly beautiful Victoria Forester—and stumbles into the enchanted realm that lies beyond the wall of his English country town. Rich with adventure and magic, Stardust is one of master storyteller Neil Gaiman's most beloved tales, and the inspiration for the hit movie.

Journal Entry 2 by Minerva101 at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/24/2010 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

This book has been released for the E-less Release Challenge November 2010

I popped into the cafe today to get a latte and dropped a few books on the shelf. I hope whoever picks them up enjoys!

Journal Entry 3 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, January 04, 2011
I made a visit to Joshua Tree as I was craving one of their yummy burgers and just happened to find this on the shelf. It has been one that I have been wanting to read. Thanks Minerva101.

Journal Entry 4 by Crossing-Guard at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (2/11/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

I love the Stardust movie so was pretty excited when I saw this. Certainly enjoyable but I thought the ending was kind of sudden and in some ways sad. I loved the characters and the world that Gaiman created but I kind of have to admit that I enjoy the movies' ending more (ack, I can't belive I just wrote that, usually I love the books way more). I'm taking this to February's "Unusual Expressions of Love" themed meeting. I think this works.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 5 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, February 13, 2012
Neil Gaiman is fairly fantastic, so I'm sure this is great, and I have the distinct advantage of having never seen the movie.

Journal Entry 6 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, May 01, 2012
I really liked this and I loved the writing style which really made it seem like an epic fairy tale.

I also found the chapter titles hilarious.

Journal Entry 7 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the Calgary Bookcrossing Meeting.

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, May 15, 2012
I picked this up at the May meeting.

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 02, 2012
OK - it is finally read - everyone needs a fairy tale to read when doing drudgery of report cards. Loved the Tristan character - he was delightfully different.

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the July meeting at the Joshua Cafe to either pass on or leave on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 11 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 15, 2012
I am the next lucky reader! Passed to me at the July Meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 12 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (10/13/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the October meet-up of the Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Who will be the next reader?

Journal Entry 13 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 14, 2012
Picked up at the get together

Journal Entry 14 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2013
Just as I loved the movie I also loved the book. What a cute, quick, and fun read. I love the style it's written in. In some ways I perfer the movie and in other ways I perfer the book. Yay for fun fairy tales!

Thanks for the fun read~

Journal Entry 15 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/9/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 16 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 10, 2013
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing March meet-up. I've seen the movie, and now it's time to read the book.

Journal Entry 17 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 12, 2013
I was surprised by how different the book was from the movie. The basic plot is there, but there were a lot of liberties taken. I totally thought the lightning harvesting pirates would play a bigger role in the book - their ship is on the cover - but they're only around for a chapter. Aside from that, it's classic Neil Gaiman.

Journal Entry 18 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (4/13/2013 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing April meet-up. If it didn't go home with someone, it's on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 19 by reader_yz at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 14, 2013
Picked up at meeting

Journal Entry 20 by reader_yz at Houston, Texas USA on Monday, January 21, 2019
Very imaginative. Enjoyed reading it a lot.

Journal Entry 21 by reader_yz at Houston, Texas USA on Monday, January 21, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (1/20/2019 UTC) at Houston, Texas USA

going back to Calgary BC

Journal Entry 22 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 09, 2019
One day I came home the pleasant surprise of getting a box of books from the amazing reader_yz. How it just made me smile :) This was one of the books in the box.

Journal Entry 23 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 09, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (2/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Returning it to the Calgary group so that it can go to the next reader.

Journal Entry 24 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Picked this up at the February Calgary BookCrossing Meetup.