Lucy Talk

by Fiona Walker | Women's Fiction |
Registered by wingny-nolwing of Brieselang, Brandenburg Germany on 11/21/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingny-nolwing from Brieselang, Brandenburg Germany on Sunday, November 21, 2010
Lucy Gordon, Walker's wacky, beguiling heroine is dealing with a demanding boss (known as Slave Driver), her two critical friends (Jane and Bella) and her family of likeable eccentrics. While everyone tries to draw her attention to the fact that her attractive but fickle boyfriend Greg is taking advantage of her, Lucy's sunny nature blinds her to things that are obvious to everyone else. However, various professional and personal difficulties pitch her into a series of disasters and her equilibrium finally starts to get shaken. Will Walker grant her a happy ending?

This is a funny book, written in emails, letters, notes on the fridge and postcards.

Journal Entry 2 by wingny-nolwing at Paulaner am Dom in Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Saturday, February 05, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (2/8/2011 UTC) at Paulaner am Dom in Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany

Hope you found it. Enjoy your reading. A journal entry would be nice und please release the book again after reading.

Journal Entry 3 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Sorry for the belated journal, didn't have internet access until now. I picked the book up at the Frankfurt meetup because it seemed so nicely chaotic ( The book, not the meetup ;-)).

Journal Entry 4 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, February 21, 2011
I had a lot of fun with Lucy Gordon. In fact, I spent my whole weekend with her, as the print was so small it went on and on and on...and I couldn't stop because I found it so entertaining. It reads like Adrian Mole but for twenty-somethings of the female, office-bound persuasion, set in the 90ies, and thus less political. No less naive, however, and with a similar level of insight into the depths and shallownesses of the human mind. For some reason, I love that style. Will try to catch more by Fiona Walker.

The book is coming to the next MainzUp with me.

Journal Entry 5 by Wasserseele at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, March 02, 2011
justin23 convinced me of giving this one a try. ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by Wasserseele at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, April 23, 2011
Really funny and entertaining book! I'm in general no big fan of chicklit, but this one is a recommendable cheering up for any stressed out twenty-something (or forty-something ;-) ).

Journal Entry 7 by Wasserseele at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, April 25, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (4/26/2011 UTC) at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Lucy accompanies me to the April In-Between-Meenz-Up. :-)

Journal Entry 8 by coco7 at Sprendlingen, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Thursday, April 28, 2011
I love books that are written in emails! And that come in a blue-pink cover. :-)

Journal Entry 9 by coco7 at Sprendlingen, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, April 13, 2015
Very entertaining.
I started the book on my way to England and finished it on the last Oxford Convention day.

Journal Entry 10 by coco7 at -- Somewhere in Oxford in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 13, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (4/13/2015 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Oxford in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

On a fence in Cowley Place