Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley

by M.C. Beaton | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1841197769 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 11/18/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, November 18, 2010
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Amazon Editorial Review

After six gruelling months spent in London, Agatha Raisin returns to her beloved Cotswold village of Carsely - and to her attractive neighbour, James Lacey. True, James is less than thrilled to see her, but Agatha is soon consoled by a sensational murder. The victim, found in a lonely field, is hiker Jessica Tartinck, who spent her life enraging wealthy landowners by insisting on her walking club's right to hike over their properties. And now she has been found in a cornfield, battered over the head. Agatha lures the reluctant James into helping with her informal investigation, and there are so many leads to follow, for Jessica's fellow walkers seem able, even willing, to commit murder. And then there are the enraged landowners...Hope springs eternal in Agatha's breast, and she feels confident that the trail of a slippery killer may also be the road to love...or will it lead to even more deaths?

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, December 06, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (12/7/2010 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to the winner of the EU Birthday Sweepstakes 2nd Edition.
Hope you enjoy this and all the other books heading your way!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, December 20, 2010
This looks interesting! When I shop in net bookshops (confess: guilty) for books about vets, I always get offered "Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet". I had thought it was a childrens' book, but apparently I was wrong. From the cover I saw that Penelope Keith reads it in radio 4 and so it HAS TO BE good if she has taken it. Thanks yorkshire-lass!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 07, 2011
A very refreshing read after a second rate American scrapbook mystery I just finished. In it Southern Belles and posh parties played the major role, so Agatha Raisin from the slums of Birmingham was just what I needed.

Apart from the mystery there was humour in the book and apparently I'm not the only one who runs long romantic dialogues in her head and gets annoyed when in reality the Gorgeous One does not know his lines at all.
Perhaps the character most like me was Fran the typist who moons and talks about a man she fancies so that everyone at the office is fed up with it and forces her phone him and ask him out. The day after her big date she admitted of turning away from the bar door as she realized he would never live up to her dreams and expectations. "I'm not into reality" she confesses.

Wouldn't mind reading another Agatha Raisin - perhaps the Vicious Vet.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, February 07, 2011
Left today towards Pori as my First Bookiversary price to Myrtillus. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by myrtillus at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Tuesday, February 08, 2011
What a nice suprise! :) I didn't know at all I've won. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 7 by myrtillus at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Friday, July 08, 2011
I've read a few from this series, for example the next book in the series. I liked this one the best so far. Maybe the mystery itself wasn't really good, but the whole story was funny and entertainig. I enjoyed reading the book.

Journal Entry 8 by myrtillus at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/12/2011 UTC) at Pori, Satakunta Finland

Agatha is on its way to thy.

Journal Entry 9 by thy at Nurmijärvi, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, July 13, 2011
I have read the first book of this series before and looking forward reading this one. Thank you, Myrtillus

(reserved for Hippolein)

Journal Entry 10 by thy at Nurmijärvi, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 29, 2011
The book was perfect reading for summer. The story was entertaining enough but I especially liked Agatha and the way she 'solves' the problems and cases.

Journal Entry 11 by thy at Nurmijärvi, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 29, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/28/2011 UTC) at Nurmijärvi, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Sent to Hippolein

Journal Entry 12 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 29, 2011
the book arrived safely in Helsinki today, looking forward to getting to know why everybody seems to be talking about Agatha Raison ;)

Journal Entry 13 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, August 03, 2011
have to confess this was my first book of this series, and I keep wondering if it would have been better with the knowledge of the other books beforehand.
After this one, with the nice mystery story in it, nothing wrong with that one, I don't think that I'm eager to put more of those books on my wishlist. I didn't like the person of Agatha Raisin at all, nor her way of looking upon other people and life. But guess it's like with a lot of books, differences have to be so that everybody can find their own favourites ;)

Journal Entry 14 by winghippoleinwing at OBCZ Columbus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/22/2017 UTC) at OBCZ Columbus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

The book will be released in the Official BookCrossing Zone in the shopping mall Columbus in Vuosaari, near Marian Konditorio and Namaskaar Express.

Picked this up from OBCZ-Columbus on my way to Czech Republic. Happy Easter!

Climbed uphill to this pretty place and left in on the bench. Lots of people about, should not take long for the book to find a new reader.

Was found in Cesky Krumlov Czech Republic. Have not finished the book yet, probably will leave it somewhere on my way to Egypt ;)