The Bookshelf

by Laura Dennis | Poetry |
Registered by lauraloo29 of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 11/17/2010
Journal Entry 1 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 17, 2010
A series of poems inspired by fairy tales.

Journal Entry 2 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (11/24/2010 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending to Minerva101 as winner of the draw for my 2nd book of poetry. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, December 06, 2010
I was away for a few days and came home to a pile of mail and a ton of e-mails. Anyways, this little book has arrived safe and sound. I will read it and take it to the Bookcrossing meeting at the Joshua Tree Cafe this Saturday.

Journal Entry 4 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 11, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (12/11/2010 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Cute little book of poetry by our fellow bookcrosser lauraloo. I liked the fairy tale theme very much. The poems were nice, but I found that they all followed the same 'formula' a bit too much. I liked 'Astray' meshing together the Six Swan Brothers and Hanzel and Gretel.
Thank you for sharing, lauraloo. I am releasing this book today at the Joshua Tree Cafe to share with some of our local Calgary bookcrossers.

Journal Entry 5 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, December 13, 2010
Minerva101, thanks for passing this along. As I just finished Birdswing, I am especially looking forward to reading "Astray".

Journal Entry 6 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (1/8/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Super minimalist... 22 fairy tales in 11 poems, each about 25 words. Sweet and interesting.
=======================================================
DEAR FINDER,

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing Fracula as referring you.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 7 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 09, 2011
Picked up from Fracula from calgary book crossing get together.

A very cute little set poems, each combining two fairy tales. It was neat picking out which was which, and seeing how two stories that I would never pair up could be connected. There was only one story in the poems that I need not recognize - I will need to look it up in the future~

Journal Entry 8 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/12/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the Joshua Tree Cafe for a BC get together

Journal Entry 9 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 13, 2011
I picked this up at the Feb meeting. Hallelujah, less books home than brought this month!

Journal Entry 10 by megami-no-ushi at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, March 03, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/12/2011 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

released to the march YA meeting.

march 3/11:
I read this little gem at lunch today tucked nicely in between two other YA novels based around fairy tales: Birdwing which takes from the seven swans and the goose girl and A curse as dark as gold which seems to be around rumplstiltskin. I really enjoyed seeing these poems capture the heart of each tale but still have enough connecting them together.

To the finder:
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss book crossing every second Saturday of the month at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new crossers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 11, 2015
Fun book - always thinking - which one is this about? Wish I would have had this when I was teaching.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (6/13/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Well - time to get this book on to a new reader at the June BookCrossing meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 13 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 14, 2015
Picked up at Calgary's meetup. We had 10 BookCrossers attend as well as lots and lots of books! This one is currently safe with me. Adding to my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 14 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2019
Finally got to this one on my shelf... wonder why it took so long. Cute book that was a very fast read.

Journal Entry 15 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2019

Released 10 mos ago (3/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the Calgary meetup where it will go home with a new reader.

Journal Entry 16 by Ashtoash at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2019
To be read - picked up at March Book Crossing meeting

Journal Entry 17 by Ashtoash at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2019
Interesting poetic take on fairy tales. I wish the book had more strong female characters, but I guess there aren't that many female fairy tales characters famous for their heroism.
This book was brought in to the May 2019 Book Crossing meeting in Calgary.

Journal Entry 18 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 12, 2019
picked up at the May meeting

Journal Entry 19 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 01, 2019
Cute quick read, with short poems evoking favorite fairy tales from childhood.
Should I be worried about how many I could still recognize? :)

Journal Entry 20 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 10, 2019
Picked up at the monthly Book Crossing meeting at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 21 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 09, 2019
Cute short book all poems, I'm not the biggest fan of poems so other people will probably appreciate this book more than I did.

Journal Entry 22 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 09, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (11/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bringing to the monthly Book Crossing meeting at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 23 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 10, 2019
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up. I'm not a huge fan of poetry, but I thought I would give this little book a shot.

Journal Entry 24 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2019
Short and sweet book of poems. Interesting how the essence of the fairy tales were condensed down into two short verses.

Journal Entry 25 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/14/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing on this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing December meet-up.

Journal Entry 26 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2019
Caught at local meet up to be released at little library in Evanston

Journal Entry 27 by AnnaDevika at 1 of the Lil Lib.s NW ( Happy Hunting! ) in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/14/2019 UTC) at 1 of the Lil Lib.s NW ( Happy Hunting! ) in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Wild release in little library on Evansridge Court NW