Chopping Spree (Goldy Culinary Mysteries, Book 11)

by Diane Mott Davidson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by lils74 of Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on 11/16/2010
Journal Entry 1 by lils74 from Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Tuesday, November 16, 2010
This was a light, easy, fun read--a 'cozy' type mystery--recipes included! I found it last week while in Pokhara, another city in Nepal with a lot of great used bookstores. I'd finished reading it before I got it home... :) It's the second in this series I've read--the first was Dying for Chocolate, I think.

Journal Entry 2 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Saturday, December 18, 2010
This is going out as a bookring--the list so far:

6of8 (USA)
NMReader (USA)
Lydiasbooks (UK)
silvia-pco (Portugal)
Simson-Shilitoe (France)
raluk68 (Romania)

anyone else interested, pm me anytime to be added on!

Released 11 yrs ago (1/3/2011 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Mailed out today to 6of8, to start on its travels -- hope you enjoy the other little things I put in there as well!

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, January 16, 2011
Received this one Friday from lil74 in Nepal and it goes on my bedside along with two others I'm in the middle of. Should be finished with it (and them) in the next week to 10 days max. This looked like so much fun I picked up 5 or 6 more in the series on my trip to The Book Thing of Baltimore yesterday.

Thanks, lils74, for the little extras -- I collect destination fridge magnets and now I have one from Nepal, which is exciting. Also loved the calendar, postcard (I collect those as well, this one will go up in my cube at work), and the bookmark. Kitty loves the tassle on the bookmark and has called dibs on it!

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Pleased to report I enjoyed this little mystery (esp. since I recently picked up 5 others in the series). I didn't figure it out until about the same time Goldy did, so the author played fair that way. The recipes look delicious, but definitely above both my skill and patience level for most of the dishes. I will pass this along to NMReader probably this weekend, whenever we can arrange to meet up for the hand-off here in DC.

Journal Entry 6 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA on Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (2/9/2011 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA

Been trying to catch up with NM Reader in person to pass this book along, but our schedules haven't meshed. So I popped it in the mail since I was at the Post Office any way. Included some $ for int'l postage.

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 7 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, February 28, 2011
It's arrived. My neighbor handed it to me when I returned today

Journal Entry 8 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, May 5, 2011
I would like to apologize for how long I have had this book. I started it earlier this week and as it is a light easy read suspect I should finish it soon.

Journal Entry 9 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, May 16, 2011
I finished this book this weekend. This was a re-read for me but i had lost my place in ther series and am trying to figure out where I left off.

I am looking forward to trying some of the recipes and I enjoyed the mystery even if I knew who did it.

Journal Entry 10 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, May 16, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (5/16/2011 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

I will drop this at the PO on my way home from work tomorrow.

Journal Entry 11 by Lydiasbooks at Tottenham, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Only just noticed I never noted this as received. Sorry! Got it a while ago and have now read it. I feel bad though because it has become distinctly tatty since I've been reading it and I managed to spill a bit if juice on it. Fail. I'm trying to get a better copy to pass on so that the condition of the bookcrossing book will be more reasonable, but not sure I'll manage. Other than that, I really enjoyed this book and will definitely be reading more by this author. Thanks!

Journal Entry 12 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Tuesday, October 18, 2011
The book's with me now. Mt. TBR is quite big at the moment, but I'll try to be quick.

Journal Entry 13 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Saturday, July 7, 2012
First of all, I'm very sorry for the time it took me to get to this book. Please be assured that it was well cared for and will be traveling again soon :)

Overall, I really liked this book. I have been reading some "heavier" books lately and this was a good breath of fresh air, just perfect to relax a little. I had never read a book that belonged to this series, so I didn't get some of the references to the back story of the characters, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying or understanding the book. All the references to food were definitely very pleasant to read :)

I will be passing this on to Simson-Shilitoe ASAP. Thank you for your understanding :)

Journal Entry 14 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Tuesday, July 24, 2012
The book's on its way to Simson-Shilitoe as of today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Monday, August 6, 2012
The book arrived safe and sound in today`s mail.

The book goes to the mtbr because I got some other bookrings / -rays earlier. But I have about 20 days of vacation / holidays from last year still to do till the end of September. So I hope to finish this book soon.

Thank you very much, silvia-pco, for posting.

And thank you very much, lils74, for including me in this bookring.

Journal Entry 16 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Readers will have a hard time deciding what is better: The mouth-watering descriptions of various recipes or the fast paced compelling story line. Diane Mott Davidson has constructed a clever and complex mystery starring a congenial heroine and her equally enjoyable friends. The protagonist's teen is so well drawn that every mother who raised a teenager will have a great deal of sympathy for Goldy.

Posting to Raluca as soon as I get an postal address.

Journal Entry 17 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Monday, October 1, 2012
Pmed raluk68 3 times during September for getting information about reading the book (and also another bookring-book - Bad Karma by David Safier - started by myself) but got no reply.

............

Pming lils74 for further information what to do with the book.

............

lils74 pmed me yesterday (04.10.2012) with the following content:

"Thank you for checking about the bookring; I posted on the thread in the Bookring forum, but as no one answered, you can feel free to keep it/wild release it/send it to another BCer, whate"ver you like. I don't need it back. Thank you for checking, though, and have a great day!"

Journal Entry 18 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Sunday, November 18, 2012
The book is now part of a Christmas parcel for a BC-friend in Romania. Happy journey and happy reading!

Journal Entry 19 by Simson-Shilitoe at Rülzheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Released 10 yrs ago (11/19/2012 UTC) at Rülzheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Now on a speedy trip to Romania!

Journal Entry 20 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Thursday, November 29, 2012
Thank you Simson-Shilitoe!!
That is a really nice surprise! :) Thank you for the chocolate and tea and warm wishes!

Indeed I was not on BC for a while, but now things got back to normal, and I am in a good mood for reading! :) I am currently reading a story with a detective - I'm enjoying it! I guess this little book will be a good one too.

Journal Entry 21 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Thursday, January 31, 2013
I started reading this one and got caught by it immediately! :)

Incidentally, I start baking tarts this year - for fun. So, her profession is very interesting (and fascinating) for me! :)

The mystery just started! I like it!

Journal Entry 22 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Tuesday, February 5, 2013
I didn't figure out the murderer by myself :-P I was a bit disappointed by the ending scenario, but I liked the book over all! Her joy to make food makes me wanna cook some more! :-D

Nice mystery! Thank you Simson-Shilitoe for this opportunity! :)

Journal Entry 23 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, February 18, 2013

Released 9 yrs ago (2/18/2013 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Traveling to "Tea and a Mystery Sweepstake" winner!! :)

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 24 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Monday, March 25, 2013
Arrived today with the nice selection of flavoured tea. Thank you!

Journal Entry 25 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Thursday, May 9, 2013
I'm taking the book with me on my holidays. Probably will wild release after finishing it.

Released 9 yrs ago (5/16/2013 UTC) at somewhere in the town in Mitishi/Мытищи, Moscow Oblast Russia

Оставила на детской площадке недалеко от храма Рождества Господня

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть ко мне, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в вашем лице.