Life of Pi

by Yann Martel | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 7/25/2003
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, July 25, 2003
A very unusual & thought provoking book - thanks Booker people. One of those books which I wasn't convinced about whilst reading - particularly the long (dullish?) middle section. I was also a bit squeamish - not one for vegetarians! But, saying that, well worth reading for Yann's insights on zoo's/animal training, religion, and the thin veneer of human civilisation; deserves to be read for generations as a modern fable. And, last but not least, be prepared for the stunning twist in the tail - well I didn't see it coming?? :O)

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at on Tuesday, August 12, 2003
Released on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 at Sent to Bookcrossing friend by post in Cambridge, England United Kingdom.

Over to you Fi, catch...

Journal Entry 3 by Fofum from Beverley, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 14, 2003
Thanks Tony, it arrived this morning. Having spent the morning amidst crowds of 19 year-olds collecting their A Level results I am about ready to sit in the garden and start this one (or at least finish the 'Inspector Linley' that is in front of it in the pile - I think I know who's done it!)
Thanks for sending it on. I'll reserve it for TherasaA once I've read it.
Fi
PS...actually it was a lovely morning, seeing them all make their way into the world. Doesn't seem two minutes since they started with us as 11 year-olds...One of the best days of the year to be a teacher!