The Chronices of Narnia

by C. S. Lewis | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 11/9/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Try again. This is my replacement copy of this book, after very sadly leaving my last copy in South Africa. I got it 'Used - but good condition' from Amazon for 1p!!! (+ 2.75 postage) - an absoulte bargain by anybodies standards! Hopefuly I'll be able to hang on to this copy long enough to read it. Beyond that - who knows!

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, May 29, 2011
***THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE***
This book is an absolute classic and I really enjoyed returning to Narnia. This book has a bit of everything, magic, danger, fanatsy, adventure... Can't wait to read the next installment.

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 31, 2011
***THE HORSE AND HIS BOY***
I really enjoyed reading this one, more that The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe I think. It is a great story, well told. It has action, adventure and drama. I find it amazing how CS Lewis created the world of Narnia and I'm so happy he did! On to the next one...

Journal Entry 4 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 01, 2011
***PRINCE CASPIAN***
I think I have read this before. Even so, it's all in the details. I love the journey CS Lewis took me on. It amazes me how much detail and how much of a journey he takes the reader on in so few words (because these are not long books). Am looking forward to the next installment...

Journal Entry 5 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, June 05, 2011
***VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER***
I'm really not sure if I have read this before or not. Parts seemed familiar, but others were completly new. Still I really enjoyed the journey this book took me on. The world CS Lewis created was amazing. On to the next one...

Journal Entry 6 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 06, 2011
***THE SILVER CHAIR***
I had no expectations for this book, but even so it still took me on a most brilliant unexpected journey right deep down into Narnia. As much as i am enjoying these Chronicles of Narnia, I think it will be a relief for both me and this (now poor battered) book not to have to go everywhere together. Onwards to The Last Battle!

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 07, 2011
***THE LAST BATTLE***
I can't believe I've come to the end of Narnia. What a bizarre book. I had no idea what to expect, but even so I did not expect this ending! Reading the brief biography on CS Lewis at the end of the book, it says he wrote books of Christianity. So I think this is reflected in Narnia and where it went and ended up. I guess there were clues in the earlier books where it was going, but I was so caught up in the journey I didn't pick up on it. I plan to keep this in my perminent collection as I want to reutrn to Narnia someday.