Plain Truth

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winggrovalskiiwing of Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on 11/8/2010
Journal Entry 1 by winggrovalskiiwing from Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, November 08, 2010
This was the first book by Jodi Picoult that I ever read (quite a few years ago) and it got me hooked on her books. Very interesting cultural background (Amish).

Journal Entry 2 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I will send this book out as a bookring:

1. zinat1 (Germany)
2. Spartaca (UK)
3. Shahrun (UK)
4. alwaysforgotten (Australia)
5. NMReader (USA)
...

Journal Entry 3 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, November 19, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (11/17/2010 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

the book is now on its way to zinat1

Journal Entry 4 by zinat1 at Kerpen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thanx for sending this book to me. It doesn't look as if anyone ever read it ;-) I'll do my very best do read it asap!!

Journal Entry 5 by zinat1 at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, June 18, 2011
I love reading books written by Jodi Picoult. This one was different from the first one I read but I liked it anyway. You learn a little about the Amish and the end is quite open for a long time. You get confused about the story every now and then but I really enjoyed reading about Katie, Ellie and all the others!

I asked for the next adress and hope everyone enjoys that book

26.06.11 - I couldn't reach spartaca via 2 PM's so I asked Shahrun for her adress. Now let's wait and see ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by zinat1 at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, July 04, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/4/2011 UTC) at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

On its way to Sharun! Hope you enjoy reading!!!!!

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 07, 2011
I am really excited to read this book. Thank you Grovalskii for organising the Ray and Zinat1 for posting this on to me. I put this book on my Wish List as it is Number 97 on The Whitcoulls Top 100 Reads, which I am trying to read my way through (see my profile). I had no idea what this book was actualy about, so I am very pleasently surprised it's about Amish. Because I just watched a documentry series on Amish Teenagers which sparked my interest in them! Anyway, I will read this as soon as I finish my current wedge of tree & post it onwards!

Journal Entry 8 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, July 22, 2011
I found I could fairly accuratly predict the plot as I read along. That didn't stop me from reading it at every oppertunity and enjoying it. I had to keep going to find out what did actualy happen and see if I was right. Having recently discoverd about the Amish made the book even more facinating for me. Its incredable how they have preserved their way of life and are aloud to live it. Gypsey's/Travellers are not afforded this right.

Any how, I have AlwaysForgotten's address and this will be posted off to her tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this book & I do apologise , but it got a little battered in my posession.

Journal Entry 9 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 23, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/23/2011 UTC) at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom

Posting this off to AlwaysForgotten (but not today) in Australia to continue the Ray. Safe Travels little book. Happy reading AlwaysForgotten!

Journal Entry 10 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 23, 2011

Journal Entry 11 by kdrummond1 at Cowra, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, August 16, 2011
I received the book on the weekend. It is my next book on my to be read book, so will read it after I finish reading the book I'm reading for school. It sounds fantastic. Will then send on to NMReader asap...

Journal Entry 12 by kdrummond1 at Cowra, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Not the best Jodi Picoult book around. Just couldn't get hooked so am not going to read anymore. Will send on to NMReader next Monday.

Journal Entry 13 by kdrummond1 at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (8/31/2011 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

I sent this on the 31st of August but have not had time to make release notes. I sent it via sea mail so I hope it got there fairly quick.

Journal Entry 14 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, November 13, 2011
Arrived over the weekend.

I have a few in front if it.

Journal Entry 15 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, November 22, 2011
I started this book this morning. I had a few minutes and it was handy so...

I have another book in front of it and will be trying to finish that one before giving this my full attention.

Journal Entry 16 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, November 28, 2011
I thought an update on this book might be appreciated.

I started this book over the weekend. I am a little over 1/3 of the way through the book. Reading time will be more limited this week but I hope to get some reading time in between chores and holiday activities.

In the story Ellie has just gone to the sing-a-long with Katie.

grovalskii has said that I need not send the book back to her. I have started checking wishlist to find a good candidate to receive the book.

Nov 29: Ellie and Coop follow Katie.

There were so many people with this book on their wishlist that I decided to continue the ray. There are 2-3 people interested already.

Dec 1: Goodness how time flies. I have been working a lot of extra hours and have only read a few pages since the last entry. Katie had a conversation with the forensic psychiatrist.

I have an address for the first person on the reading list and will work to finish the book and get it mailed ASAP.

Dec 4: Finished the book today. Another good read from Picoult. While the conclusion was obvious it was still an interesting book and well presented.

Journal Entry 17 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, November 29, 2011
This book is going on a journey as a bookray.

Please follow these rules:
Make a journal entry when you receive the book
PM the next participant, even if you have their address, to confirm where the book should be sent next (and that it is still wanted).
Read the book within a month if possible - if delayed make sure to let us know (preferably by making a journal entry)! - please take your time and enjoy reading the book
When you've read the book, make a journal entry telling us what you thought.
Make a controlled release when sending the book on, using YOUR country, state, and city as the release location.
The last person on the list should contact me to make sure there aren't additions to the list.

Enjoy!!!

Reading order, location, and shipping preference:
Fuzzmom, CA, US only
esq228, AZ, US only
angelface46, CO, US only
need someone to ship international
Jonniboi, UK, Intnl?? (wants to share with non BC friends)
top-tappser, WA, asked to be last

Journal Entry 18 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (12/7/2011 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

I have the book in an addressed envelope. I think I will be able to go to the PO after work on Wed Dec 7th.

Journal Entry 19 by Fuzzmom at Hesperia, California USA on Thursday, December 15, 2011
Whoo Hoo! Christmas in my mailbox! I will PM the next in line and should have this read by Christmas. Looking forward to it!